Webcam and Lighting Help

Kevinsmak

I've Got It
I was wondering if someone could help me with some lighting tips. I purchased professional lighting stands and have tried placing them in multiple places. I have a green screen as well. My face always shows shinny from the light and at times my webcam starts to show black and white. I'm using OBS Stuidos. I have watched videos on this stuff but none really point out how to resolve these issues, if anyone has any advice or a video that may help me that I missed please let me know. My channel is blowing up right now and my OCD on the quality is just eating away at me.

If your face looks shiny you may need more diffusion on the lights or powder on you. Could you provide an example screenshot?

Here is an example. Don't know anything about diffusion with lighting..sorry lighting newb..hehe

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 5
Alrighty, some tips that could help:
- Make sure all your lights are using the same lightbulb with a similar kelvin rating (try for 5 - 7k kelvin for videos)
- Position the lights with a 180 degree curve, from three different positions. I.e one straight ahead and two to either side to give a consistent tone across your face
- White balance your camera after switching on the lights
- Make sure the brightness of the lights is not over exposing the footage
- Try moving the lights further away, to have a wider angle of light dispersion (it looks like your lights are powerful lights but waaay to close to you - hence the shine)

Give those tips a go and see how you get on. If you need some more tips, drop me a PM or something and I'll happily help you.

Back