Vistaprint! Youre opion on self marketing?

TroyCentro

i see a lot of people with business cards and other forms of id, this would just be mainly for exposure but i myself don't think its a bad idea. any thoughts?

I am all about self marketing.. there are plenty of sites that offer the same services as vista print.. I wouldn't use one of their templates.. make your own and if need be go with them and get them printed. Or look around the web or your own home town probably a printing service near you that can do the job just as well and possibly better.

I've used vistaprint once. The product was good, but yeah, don't use their design templates because the final product won't be particularly original.

Another word of warning. They are very good at marketing. I too was drawn in by their advert for 250 free business cards, but that is for a very thin type of card and not really a good product. They are very good at upselling you to a better, more expensive product and before you know it, you've spent $50 on your "free" business cards lol.

They are much cheaper than high-street printers though for an equivalent product / service.

If you're getting business cards submit a jpg/pdf of a custom image, ensure it is in cmyk colour format and spend the expense in getting very heavy 700gsm+ paper because the 350gsm is flimsy as hell.

I use two different business cards. One is a mini card that is given to fans at events that has our channel and social media info. The other is for business.

I'm not a big fan of Vistaprint. Their quality control isn't very good and they charge you for nearly everything, which makes the price add up very quickly. Try working with a local print shop so you can see/touch the paper before you place your order. If you have to order online, check out moo.com. You can order a free paper sample to see what their card stock is like. Their standard business card stock is very thick, so you don't have to worry about an upcharge to thicker card stock.

Ive used vista print before, its more expensive than youd think and honestly I think you could get better deals elsewhere. Theres only really a point in getting business cards if you think youll have the opportunity to hand them out often and to the people that would actually be interested in your work! I have my own because I sell props online and I hand them out at comic conventions when I am in cosplay and I send them to customers with their orders :)

Back