Viewer engagement outside of YT (Google+, skype etc...)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I understand that YT engagement is important.

I reply to all comments on my channel and video pages and any personal messages I get via the YT private messaging system (unless they are spam).

But I am not sure what to do when someone adds my channel's Google+ page to their circle. What does that even mean? What changes (if anything) when someone adds me to their circle? Am I expected to do the same in return? If so, what happens when we are both in each other's circles ?!

So far, a few of my public subs have done this - so no problem there. But there are also a few unknowns too - some of which could be "private subs" I suppose, but 1 is definitely a competitor, and not only a competitor, but one who seems to have a reputation of stealing content...

Likewise I have had a few requests from subs to add me on skype - no doubt wanting free 1-1 English tuition. I feel this is taking things too far but I would like input :)

So I suppose my question is- How far do we go with our YT engagement outside of the YT comments and messaging system?

TIA

I use twitter, my friend uses Facebook and I recently set-up an instagram account and if anyone wants to add me on skype, why not as long as they aren't bugging me 24/7 :)

Back