Video game capture devices and editing software help

FireshockHD

Gaming review`s fireshock moment
Hey everyone i need some help in deciding a few things i was thinking of upgrading from my roxio game capture (1st one) to elgato game capture but the software only has trimming and basic editing tools so i am thinking of getting of a new software maybe a new sony vegas program but i need some advice on this please help thanks :)

Yup elgato is a good capture card wish I got it and sony vegas would allow you to do alot more for your channel

I use the Avermedia LiveGamer C985 and Sony Vegas 11. Vegas IMO is just brilliant and the LiveGamer works flawlessly.

I have the Roxio HD Capture Card, Elgato, and the newer AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable (Which can be snagged for $140 if you go on their facebook page now). I'm really liking the AVerMedia, because of it's customization, additional functions such as a PC FREE MODE (Need I say more?), portability, and it just feels awesome. I did a video on my channel comparing the quality between the Elgato and the AVerMedia LGP. In my opinion, they both are great quality, but I believe the AVerMedia LGP beats the Elgato simply because of the PC free mode and the added functionality. I will be doing a future in depth review on the specs and details of the AVerMedia soon.

I have the Roxio HD Capture Card, Elgato, and the newer AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable (Which can be snagged for $140 if you go on their facebook page now). I'm really liking the AVerMedia, because of it's customization, additional functions such as a PC FREE MODE (Need I say more?), portability, and it just feels awesome. I did a video on my channel comparing the quality between the Elgato and the AVerMedia LGP. In my opinion, they both are great quality, but I believe the AVerMedia LGP beats the Elgato simply because of the PC free mode and the added functionality. I will be doing a future in depth review on the specs and details of the AVerMedia soon.

This was very helpful for us to find. Thank you!

We use the Elgato, but have been stuck on what to do for PC capture.

I find that the downfall for us with the AVerMedia is that it isn't Mac compatible and that oddly there is no 1900x1200 capture support.

This was very helpful for us to find. Thank you!

We use the Elgato, but have been stuck on what to do for PC capture.

I find that the downfall for us with the AVerMedia is that it isn't Mac compatible and that oddly there is no 1900x1200 capture support.
Well I'm not really quite sure why you would want 1900x1200 o-o Youtube uses 1920x1080 as their max resolution, but I guess everyone has their reasons lol.

As for recording PC gaming with the elgato. You'll need either DVI or HDMI inputs in your monitor/TV, as well as an HDMI output from your computer.

If you're recording your PC gaming using the same PC you're on, then you will need to connect an HDMI or DVI from your PC into your Elgato, then output an hdmi or DVI into your TV/Monitor. Plug the USB from elgato into your PC, then run the capture program. Note that when I say DVI, I mean an HDMI to DVI male connector. Elgato doesn't have DVI inputs. If you have all HDMI, then you are golden.

The thing with Elgato is that it hogs your system resources, so using another computer to capture is recommended.

Reply if you need anymore help/clarification/input!

Back