Video CTR is only about 2 to 3%

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
I feel like my video CTR is a bit low (2 to 3% in the funnel). Sometimes I read about higher numbers and was wondering how I can get them higher.

What I was thinking (just a theory):
Could the reason (besides thumbnails and SEO) also be that I don't have so many views on most of my videos? My videos could mostly be recommended at the bottom of a search result, that cause the impressions, but very few click on the lowest results. So maybe I have to be patient and when i get more views, the CTR will also increase.

What are your thoughts about it?

You should focus on eye appealing thumbnails and great video titles! This is the success. Analyse your current videos and find what has the highest ctr, and work your way from there. Experiment with new things too!

You should focus on eye appealing thumbnails and great video titles! This is the success. Analyse your current videos and find what has the highest ctr, and work your way from there. Experiment with new things too!
That's the way to go, thanks!

2-3% might be high for the type or niche of video you made. Also it does not correlate to views always. For example you can have a video with a really low 1% CTR but get thousands of views a week coming from Google search which doesn't count. Remember Youtube is just one traffic source. Google is an even better search engine. In general to improve CTR ensure that your Title and TN matches what was searched for. If you have non relevant keywords spammed in tags that won't help. Experiment with different TNs until you get one that works. Try different titles. But ensure the content delivers what the title and thumbnail promised. Learn 'headline writing' and similar to learn what motivates people to take action! It's a skill in itself.

2-3% might be high for the type or niche of video you made. Also it does not correlate to views always. For example you can have a video with a really low 1% CTR but get thousands of views a week coming from Google search which doesn't count. Remember Youtube is just one traffic source. Google is an even better search engine. In general to improve CTR ensure that your Title and TN matches what was searched for. If you have non relevant keywords spammed in tags that won't help. Experiment with different TNs until you get one that works. Try different titles. But ensure the content delivers what the title and thumbnail promised. Learn 'headline writing' and similar to learn what motivates people to take action! It's a skill in itself.
Thanks for your insight! Especially about the different traffic sources which doesn't count.

Back