Using other YouTubers footage in your videos

It's against YouTube's TOS to re-upload all or part of someone's video without their permission. It has nothing to do with copyrights at this stage.

Better ask permission first for using it on your footage, it's gonna take a lot of time since they're popular, it's hard to track off things around them.

At the bottom of videos youll see either Standard Youtube License or Creative Commons license.

As far as I understand it, CC means go ahead and use wtv you want. SYL means ask permission. You should probably ask permission in either case.

Lots of videos In the CClibray are incorrect. People upload concert videos bootleg and label them CC. That's not theirs because they don't own the music.

Just use still images if you don't think it is allowed, I would say don't use huge clips of them but if it's for say a vlog or something as long as you present yourself as the main in the video then it should be fine... just do a test upload and see if you get any copyright notices... remember copyright notices are fine just remove the video and it would go away.

P.S. You cant get an instant copyright strike but look out for the notices and see what they are claimed for.

just do a test upload and see if you get any copyright notices... remember copyright notices are fine just remove the video and it would go away.

P.S. You cant get an instant copyright strike but look out for the notices and see what they are claimed for.

UMMMM,

You can get an instant copyright strike. It's happened many times. You Also a copyright notice will go away if you delete the video but as i've said 100,000 times many accept your content.

If I wanted to use some footage, I'd first of all ask the channel that uploaded the video for permission, and then of course I credit him in the most obvious way possible

UMMMM,

You can get an instant copyright strike. It's happened many times. You Also a copyright notice will go away if you delete the video but as i've said 100,000 times many accept your content.
I have never seen an instant copyright strike.... soooo yeahhhh ok then

Back