Using Ad Campaigns......

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Just noticed a new link next to all my videos that are over 1 month old in Video Manager, which says "Make an Ad for this Video".

Never seen it there before, but goes on to where you can pay to create a advertising campaign for the video - where you video is placed in the ad-space or the 30 secs before other videos etc.

Has anyone ever tried this?
If so, how much success have you had??

The ad campaigns work as well as your video is produced. If you are just looking for views you will get as many views as as much money as you pay. But this is not the best method. The goal of advertising is to appeal to new viewers and possibly locking them into subscribing to your channel. So think of this video as a commercial. Something you want to promote your channel with, maybe a channel trailer or something. Don't promote just a video, promote yourself and why a new viewer would want to subscribe to your channel. If you can convert your views into subscriptions than it is definitely worth it. If you just post a video to get views then it is not worth it.

We have used it on my old channel and we did see results. However like I said it is all about content. So if you have something you think people would want to see then go for it.

The ad campaigns work as well as your video is produced. If you are just looking for views you will get as many views as as much money as you pay. But this is not the best method. The goal of advertising is to appeal to new viewers and possibly locking them into subscribing to your channel. So think of this video as a commercial. Something you want to promote your channel with, maybe a channel trailer or something. Don't promote just a video, promote yourself and why a new viewer would want to subscribe to your channel. If you can convert your views into subscriptions than it is definitely worth it. If you just post a video to get views then it is not worth it.

We have used it on my old channel and we did see results. However like I said it is all about content. So if you have something you think people would want to see then go for it.

Thats a very good point - I hadn't thought of it that way.
So it would be best to apply it to my channel trailer, for example, and see what happens. I'm tempted with experimenting to see if it actually amounts to anything.
One question - if my trailer is 53 secs long, does the ad only display the first 30 secs, and the viewer has to click on it to see the rest??

Thats a very good point - I hadn't thought of it that way.
So it would be best to apply it to my channel trailer, for example, and see what happens. I'm tempted with experimenting to see if it actually amounts to anything.
One question - if my trailer is 53 secs long, does the ad only display the first 30 secs, and the viewer has to click on it to see the rest??
Negative sir! If it is longer than 30 seconds then the viewer has the choice of sticking around and watching the rest of clicking click here to skip this ad. If they click the ad it redirects to your channel. If they don't click then it just moves on to the video.

Advertise a service, it works well with views, 2k views every month, estimate of 2k people seeing it every month.

If you make a trailer and the person sticks around to watch it, then do you just leave a link to your channel so they can watch your stuff? I'm not sure as I haven't made one.

Back