Trying to be my own person but seem to give others the impression of another....

Are my videos too much like Jenna Marbles?

• no, not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jennifer_S

Hey everyone. I started my channel a little over a week ago and have a few videos up now. Three of my friends have viewed my videos and said that I am being too much like Jenna Marbles and that the person in the video isn't the person they know. That in the videos I am too bubbly. I am extremely confused by this as I feel like I am being myself and can't help that if part of my personality resembles Jenna Marbles. Now, with that being said, I wanted some opinions from people who do not know me personally to please take a peek at a video or two and tell me if they are like her a lot. I don't want that to be the general consensus and I will try my best to be original.

Also, I was told I swear too much in my videos. In my Boston Marathon vid I did swear a lot but I didn't think that I did in my other videos. Thoughts?

My video about people that I hate also seems to make people think I'm depressed! I am so confused! It was meant to be funny and yet a little mean. My friend of 15 years said she thinks saying I hate was a bit extreme. I'm starting to get super annoyed with it and would rather my friends not view my videos if they have such a huge issue with it.

blah!! Help!

Looking for honesty here.

Hey there I looked at your video (I probably hate you) and for a second I thought I was looking at jenna marbles. I say that because the way you talk and curse and even your hair (in this video at least) is very similar to hers. I would suggest taking time and evaluate how you approach your vlogs. They arent bad at all just look at hers and look at your videos and see what you do thats similar and what you do that is diffrent and try to accent more on the diffrences. Youtube is about being yourself but its also about being a personality that is somewhat original.

You could try to vlog in front of a background when your at home or add effects like pics graphics or text on screen while you talk just think out side the norm when doing your vlogs. Not saying change yourself just saying put a twist to it. As for the cursing you could try to tone it down a little but if thats how you talk thats just how it is. Me personally I dont watch Jenna Marbles that much because she curses at lot and shows off her body a little to much for my taste but thats just me and my pref.

Which brings me to your friends part. Who cares what she thinks I know she is your frind and you would like her support but you should be doing this because its what you believe in and what you want to do. There are going to be hundreds or thousands of people out there who dont like it like her but there will be hundreds or thousands out there who do and will support you. My friend did the same thing to me and even left a comment on my video. Here it is"after watching derp face bunny (Tobuscus video that I did the video response to), and then reading up on how autism is affecting 1 and 54 boys in america... I understand now... y the internet is gettin retarded. as for your video.... this is 2 random for my taste" I replied "wow....congratulations you are officially my first TROLL!" see I gave no s***s that day didnt matter and I went on and continued my vlogs even though he nolonger watches them.

Just do what makes you happy and forget the rest. I hoped this helped. Best of luck to you and your new channel! :)

Hey there I looked at your video (I probably hate you) and for a second I thought I was looking at jenna marbles. I say that because the way you talk and curse and even your hair (in this video at least) is very similar to hers. I would suggest taking time and evaluate how you approach your vlogs. They arent bad at all just look at hers and look at your videos and see what you do thats similar and what you do that is diffrent and try to accent more on the diffrences. Youtube is about being yourself but its also about being a personality that is somewhat original.

You could try to vlog in front of a background when your at home or add effects like pics graphics or text on screen while you talk just think out side the norm when doing your vlogs. Not saying change yourself just saying put a twist to it. As for the cursing you could try to tone it down a little but if thats how you talk thats just how it is. Me personally I dont watch Jenna Marbles that much because she curses at lot and shows off her body a little to much for my taste but thats just me and my pref.

Which brings me to your friends part. Who cares what she thinks I know she is your frind and you would like her support but you should be doing this because its what you believe in and what you want to do. There are going to be hundreds or thousands of people out there who dont like it like her but there will be hundreds or thousands out there who do and will support you. My friend did the same thing to me and even left a comment on my video. Here it is"after watching derp face bunny (Tobuscus video that I did the video response to), and then reading up on how autism is affecting 1 and 54 boys in america... I understand now... y the internet is gettin retarded. as for your video.... this is 2 random for my taste" I replied "wow....congratulations you are officially my first TROLL!" see I gave no s***s that day didnt matter and I went on and continued my vlogs even though he nolonger watches them.

Just do what makes you happy and forget the rest. I hoped this helped. Best of luck to you and your new channel! :)

Thank you for your honesty, for looking at, and taking the time to post a great response to my thread. I do curse a lot but I can definitely tone it down while still being me. I will definitely focus on our differences and incorporate that into my channel. My next video is going to be about a Trial so it's definitely not going to be anything like hers. I know once I start doing more videos and getting more comfortable with it all I'll start to do my own branding.

I told my friend that people who do not like my videos do not have to watch it. I have been having problems with people not liking what I put as statuses on my facebook and taking all too seriously what I say so the channel is a sort of outlet so I can be goofy and crazy and people who are viewing it are being they want to not because they're friends with me on facebook. That way, if they have a problem they need to solve it themselves and not look at my videos! lol Sucks that you had a similar situation and your friend did not support you... Crazy how when you are looking for a little support some people just go the opposite way!

Just do it for yourself and stop caring about what others are saying. If you feel like you are being your own self then it's fine. If you feel you swear too much, then you can always try to not swear as much. It sucks when your friend crap on your videos but you should take what they say knowing that they are not the main people you should rely on to check the progress of your videos. Your check, in the end, should be yourself. If you would watch your video, sub, and like it then :) sorry for the typos and gram errors I'm on my phone.

Thank you for your honesty, for looking at, and taking the time to post a great response to my thread. I do curse a lot but I can definitely tone it down while still being me. I will definitely focus on our differences and incorporate that into my channel. My next video is going to be about a Trial so it's definitely not going to be anything like hers. I know once I start doing more videos and getting more comfortable with it all I'll start to do my own branding.

I told my friend that people who do not like my videos do not have to watch it. I have been having problems with people not liking what I put as statuses on my facebook and taking all too seriously what I say so the channel is a sort of outlet so I can be goofy and crazy and people who are viewing it are being they want to not because they're friends with me on facebook. That way, if they have a problem they need to solve it themselves and not look at my videos! lol Sucks that you had a similar situation and your friend did not support you... Crazy how when you are looking for a little support some people just go the opposite way!

No problem at all I like to give advise when I can. It is pretty funny when you dont get support from those you think would but you always seem to get it from somewhere else :) I'll be sure to check out your vid when it drops.[DOUBLEPOST=1367292244,1367292119][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just do it for yourself and stop caring about what others are saying. If you feel like you are being your own self then it's fine. If you feel you swear too much, then you can always try to not swear as much. It sucks when your friend crap on your videos but you should take what they say knowing that they are not the main people you should rely on to check the progress of your videos. Your check, in the end, should be yourself. If you would watch your video, sub, and like it then :) sorry for the typos and gram errors I'm on my phone.

Not to get off topic but Hey Lilkoi Juice how is that mass building diet thing coming along?

Not to get off topic but Hey Lilkoi Juice how is that mass building diet thing coming along?
You mean my "trying to gain weight" diet? I haven't been able to put on a decent amount of weight back on my body. I think I gained a pound since trying; I really just need to eat more.

We all remind people of someone else, it doesn't mean we're not being authentic. Be yourself and tell your friends if the don't like it, don't watch.

I watched your Pee In A Bag and I Probably Hate You videos- I think I saw the resemblance in the second video, but not the first. The only resemblance I really saw was towards the end of the hate you video when you got more het up, the way you phrased things was similar, but honestly I think this was only because I was specifically looking out for a resemblance, haha.
I actually think it's just because you look a little similar more than anything else.

I enjoyed watching those videos and if I hadn't been specifically looking out for Jenna Marbles-esque things, I really don't think I would have noticed anything like that in the slightest. Oh and I didn't think you came across as depressed in the latter video either. There wasn't too much swearing in either of the videos that I watched, in my opinion.

I think as others have said, if you're happy with the videos and feel that you are being yourself, who cares what your friend thinks! :) I can see why you may feel upset but I guess she's entitled to her opinion the same way anyone who is viewing your videos is. I think your videos are fine and so long as you feel happy with your videos, that's all that matters.

Good luck with your channel :)

Back