those equalizer thingies, u know?

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
hey all.
i need a specific software thingy, i belive its called a equalizer (someone on the forums tollt me).
its used for many music channels out there, software that like transforms the soundwaves in a visible, often colored bar that indicates the tones of the music.
for example the video below.
that purple bar is what i mean, does anyone know how you can record such a thing yourself? because ive been searching for a while without results :/

Hey, what program do you use to edit?

i use windows live moviemaker a lot for the very basic stuff such as simple cutting adding little clips, i am doodling around in sony vegas though for more advanced editing though.
...but that wasnt my question :p

i use windows live moviemaker a lot for the very basic stuff such as simple cutting adding little clips, i am doodling around in sony vegas though for more advanced editing though.
...but that wasnt my question :p

Well in Adobe After Effects, all you would have to do is import your project, drop in some sound, and then in the top main menu bar, you can choose: Animation -> keyframe assistant -> convert audio to keyframes.

Then you would need to create a line with the pen tool or any other shape you wish to animate

Then you would have to link the slider of the audio keyframe to the whatever you wish to animate and it will do it all for you.

There might be something similar to this in sony vegas, although I have never used it. AAE is where it's at :p haha.

Well in Adobe After Effects, all you would have to do is import your project, drop in some sound, and then in the top main menu bar, you can choose: Animation -> keyframe assistant -> convert audio to keyframes.

Then you would need to create a line with the pen tool or any other shape you wish to animate

Then you would have to link the slider of the audio keyframe to the whatever you wish to animate and it will do it all for you.

There might be something similar to this in sony vegas, although I have never used it. AAE is where it's at :p haha.

thanks, that really helped :D
ill look into it some more

thanks, that really helped :D
ill look into it some more

Keywords to google for would be 'Audio to keyframe' 'Animate Audio in Sony Vegas' 'Audio syncing' etc. You really have to get the correct terminology for this search or else it won't give you what you want. Pretty annoying haha XD

Keywords to google for would be 'Audio to keyframe' 'Animate Audio in Sony Vegas' 'Audio syncing' etc. You really have to get the correct terminology for this search or else it won't give you what you want. Pretty annoying haha XD

i always looked on wavepads and equalizers xD didnt really work

Reactions: JWB
Back