Thinking of Starting my Channel Over...

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
It's been confirmed by a number of you already, but I have finally come to the conclusion that my channel is a mess.... Although I say I don't take Youtube seriously, I would still like to see my channel grow and take off. I really don't want to do it, but I think the best way to make my channel actually have a theme or make any sense at all is to delete about half of my videos and re-upload to another channel. This is almost like restarting my channel... Has anyone else had to do this? I really wish there was a way to organize my videos within my channel so I don't have to delete them. Does anyone know if there's an option to categorize your videos or anything? I was thinking playlists might help, but that still doesn't make the overall channel look cleaner. I really wish there was a way to clean up the overall channel page to categorize what videos people see when they go to your channel. If somebody knows a magic trick to do this that would be amazing!

You should, fresh starts are always best, restart, new subs and fans. Go for it! :) And I did after my channel got botted with tons of views.

Awwwww your channel is soo cute!! Full of doggies :D aww!! Well I actually had another channel, but deleted everything on it too, but I don't know if I want to start over again I kinda did, but I want to focus on this channel better than that one. You could leave those videos there and put them in a playlist. I think it would be okay if you started something else along with that, but that's just my opinion. Good luck! :)

It's been confirmed by a number of you already, but I have finally come to the conclusion that my channel is a mess.... Although I say I don't take Youtube seriously, I would still like to see my channel grow and take off. I really don't want to do it, but I think the best way to make my channel actually have a theme or make any sense at all is to delete about half of my videos and re-upload to another channel. This is almost like restarting my channel... Has anyone else had to do this? I really wish there was a way to organize my videos within my channel so I don't have to delete them. Does anyone know if there's an option to categorize your videos or anything? I was thinking playlists might help, but that still doesn't make the overall channel look cleaner. I really wish there was a way to clean up the overall channel page to categorize what videos people see when they go to your channel. If somebody knows a magic trick to do this that would be amazing!
Hell yeah go for it. A fresh start is always nice. Just make sure you plan accordingly, keep organized.

After a certain amount of videos, start putting playlists in there.

Im not crazy active like I should/wanna be but I do different types of vlogs and as my quantity of videos start going up, playlists will come to make the channel look organized.

Thats my plan:)

Hell yeah go for it. A fresh start is always nice. Just make sure you plan accordingly, keep organized.

After a certain amount of videos, start putting playlists in there.

Im not crazy active like I should/wanna be but I do different types of vlogs and as my quantity of videos start going up, playlists will come to make the channel look organized.

Thats my plan:)
The thing is, my Navy videos are the ones that get the most views and likely draw people to my channel. 20% of my views come from "suggested videos" on my two CIWS videos. I guess if I do delete a bunch of videos, I'll keep those on my main channel as bait or something, lol. Damn it I wish I recorded more videos while I was in the Navy!

Go for it man. In the past couple of months, I've done this twice (by that i mean started over). It gets annoying, but I think it's worth it. This channel (which I started 12 days ago) already has 25 subscribers and is more than the last channel I had which is awesome.
I think its worth it in the end, in my opinion at least

If you think you'd be just as happy deleting the old videos and updating your channel art, then I'd do that.

I ditched my old channel because I hated the name, and I'm only just starting to get as many views on my current channel as I used to get on my old.
I mean, your navy videos obviously have great SEO, and there's no guarantee that they'd do just as well if uploaded to a new channel with the same tags. youtube likes videos that have a good history of likes.

Awwwww your channel is soo cute!! Full of doggies :D aww!! Well I actually had another channel, but deleted everything on it too, but I don't know if I want to start over again I kinda did, but I want to focus on this channel better than that one. You could leave those videos there and put them in a playlist. I think it would be okay if you started something else along with that, but that's just my opinion. Good luck! :)
I'm going to try playlist first. I just have to figure out how to make people realize there is a playlist with doggy videos instead of having them sift through my randomness. I'll probably work on that tomorrow because I have a 2500 word paper due tonight![DOUBLEPOST=1389650026,1389649907][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you think you'd be just as happy deleting the old videos and updating your channel art, then I'd do that.

I ditched my old channel because I hated the name, and I'm only just starting to get as many views on my current channel as I used to get on my old.
I mean, your navy videos obviously have great SEO, and there's no guarantee that they'd do just as well if uploaded to a new channel with the same tags. youtube likes videos that have a good history of likes.
I would not delete the Navy videos, those are my main view getters.... 20% of my views come from "recommended videos" just from those videos as well. I'm thinking I can move my timelapse & random stuff somewhere else... I'm playing with the playlist idea first though to see how that does.

I would understand if you are keeping your videos that have 2K+ views but deleting and re-uploading the others with End Cards.

Back