Thieving - Short Film

skenkee

Mr. Blue
This is a short film I did around the theme of Identity Theft.

I took inspiration out of online articles on Id Theft and why people do it and what ways there were. When I changed my original idea twice and also looked around other ways of stealing I came up with the final idea with reference from the movie pickpocket and the game watchdogs.

I couldn't finish the whole script and miss around 1 full page but I'm not sad that I missed it since the product ended much shorter and I think it's more strong now. I did work with a deadline sadly and luckily.
Besides the experiences I got from this project I'm pretty happy with how it turned out but would have loved to redo the project and focus on a shorter script than the original. But as usual we learn from each project and try to cover up our previous mistakes in the next. In this case I find that I've had some lucky accidents but also some bad mess-ups.

Although I've already reviewed my own video about improvements and time management. I hope you guys will enjoy the video and can also leave some feedback on what you think. This due to the fact that you are fresh eyes to my short film and haven't experienced anything behind the scenes.

Ok, this feedback is all coming from my pov, and take it all with a grain of salt as usual. I don't have the experience of some, but here are my thoughts as they came into my head.

-First opening shot: Looks like you stepped off with the video which was weird, because it seemed like someone said action, then you started walking. Maybe a way to get around that would be to start walking next time, then say the lines, or even a more compelling fix in editing would be to fade up after the first couple of words were spoken.

-Overall I liked the color grading, and I liked the mood the video had me in.

-The sound was ambient, the background noise wasn't distracting at all.

-The effects with the phone hack was cool, I think it would have sold much better if you tilted the comp the direction the phone was facing, but that's just a nit pick here and there.

-I thought the quick retrace of his steps was successful.-it worked.

Great job, for a quicker deadline I thought it was pretty great. I cant imagine it being too much longer so maybe it was a good thing you cut it short!

Back