The Sony IDC-SX2000 Audio Recorder

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
My Zoom H6 broke last week and Amazon have given me a refund. Rather than replace it with another large audio recorder with XLR ports, I thought I would try and get something smaller first (I may pick up another larger audio recorder later).

I think a small audio recorder will fit better into the way I record videos so I'm really excited about the Sony IDC-SX2000 that is arriving today. It's at the top of Sony's portable digital voice recorder range and has a lot of great features such as a retractable USB connection, great battery life, three different positions for the mic, high res recording, 16GB built in storage etc.

Not sure if will be able to replace a more expensive solution in all situations, but you never know.

I'll be doing an unboxing initially but will be doing a full review over the next week so I will be testing everything I can about it. If you have any questions about it let me know and I'll and answer them as there is very little examples of it being used online.

:)

Kevin

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've had the ICD-SX2000 for a day or so now.

They key to getting good audio with it seems to be choosing the right gain level. It's a fine balance between being too low and picking up too much background noise.

I did an unboxing and first impressions with some audio tests to show the range it has. It works great with a lavalier mic too so I will definitely be using a lav mic with it in many occasions now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back