The Neverending Name Debate

Vlaerth

I play Old School Games
Right now my username on Youtube is Vlaerth. I use this mostly to browse youtube, I have made any youtube videos (Other than just messing and around and testing stuff). I want to start a Youtube channel that I will be playing and commentating older video games (Gameboy system and older...Possibly a few DS games). I am not sure if I should keep my username (Vlaerth) or get a new one.

I know short names are good and easier to remember...Vlaerth is certainly short and easy to remember. However, it doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as I would like. Vlaerth isn't very relevant to what I would be doing on my channel though. At least I think so, I would like some opinions on whether or not it is.

So my problem is that I don't know whether to keep my current name and run with it...or come up with a new name...I only have one username that has been rattling around my head to use. ThrowbackGaming. Rather long, but easy to remember and identifies to what I would be doing. So, please leave a comment and give me some advice!

-Help and/or Discuss-

Vlaerth sounds fine to me. Just make sure when you say it is said how you would like it to be pronounced so then people will say it that way. But if you like throwbackgaming then go for it. It's not that long, it just looks long

Right now my username on Youtube is Vlaerth. I use this mostly to browse youtube, I have made any youtube videos (Other than just messing and around and testing stuff). I want to start a Youtube channel that I will be playing and commentating older video games (Gameboy system and older...Possibly a few DS games). I am not sure if I should keep my username (Vlaerth) or get a new one.

I know short names are good and easier to remember...Vlaerth is certainly short and easy to remember. However, it doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as I would like. Vlaerth isn't very relevant to what I would be doing on my channel though. At least I think so, I would like some opinions on whether or not it is.

So my problem is that I don't know whether to keep my current name and run with it...or come up with a new name...I only have one username that has been rattling around my head to use. ThrowbackGaming. Rather long, but easy to remember and identifies to what I would be doing. So, please leave a comment and give me some advice!

-Help and/or Discuss-
TBG
ThrowBackGaming, I like it.
Has a casual ring to it.

Your current name is pretty short which is always a good thing because it's easier to remember as you just said.

I'd stick with it

If someone were to say "Vlaerth" without spelling or reading it, there would probably be confusion. ThrowbackGaming sounds really good to me.

Back