Terrified to share

Honestly, you can do what you want with the sharing. If people don't want to see it, they don't have to. I mean, it's not like it's hurting anyone...

Also, you really remind me of one of my old friends... She no longer talks to me, but we always had jokes about her that she lived under a rock, since she rarely knew what my friends and I were talking about.

Anyways, great videos. They're pretty good in my opinion, I'll try to watch them as they come.

I don't mind sharing my videos on Twitter, Tumblr, etc. I actually find it's much easier for me to share my stuff with total strangers, rather than actual friends and family. I am however, terrified of sharing on my Facebook. Because...

A) It's full of judgmental grandparents and "friends" (I really should delete them, but I hardly ever go on FB anymore)

B) I know they won't share or do anything with my videos other than give it one extra view. So it's kind of pointless.

I guess it's different for all people. I think sharing them is really helpful in the long run. It just takes a bit to get over that fear, but you will eventually. :)

I've never shared my videos with any family member besides my twin, because he also makes videos. Family would not give out honest criticism, they'd just go "Good job, honey" even if your videos suck.

Honestly, you can do what you want with the sharing. If people don't want to see it, they don't have to. I mean, it's not like it's hurting anyone...

Also, you really remind me of one of my old friends... She no longer talks to me, but we always had jokes about her that she lived under a rock, since she rarely knew what my friends and I were talking about.

Anyways, great videos. They're pretty good in my opinion, I'll try to watch them as they come.

Thanks! And that's cool!I understand the living under a rock feeling. lol[DOUBLEPOST=1383687108,1383686862][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't mind sharing my videos on Twitter, Tumblr, etc. I actually find it's much easier for me to share my stuff with total strangers, rather than actual friends and family. I am however, terrified of sharing on my Facebook. Because...

A) It's full of judgmental grandparents and "friends" (I really should delete them, but I hardly ever go on FB anymore)

B) I know they won't share or do anything with my videos other than give it one extra view. So it's kind of pointless.

I guess it's different for all people. I think sharing them is really helpful in the long run. It just takes a bit to get over that fear, but you will eventually. :)

Yeah, I am mostly worried about judgment from my family (some of which don't like youtube at all) and "friends" as well. With strangers it is probably easier, but yeah. I'll eventually get over my fear. :) Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1383687328][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would just do it :) If youtube is something that you love, you shouldn't hide it from those you care about :) Also, if they make fun of you or don't like you because of your videos, then honestly, they shouldn't be your friend anyway :) Good luck!

That's true. My true friends will stick with me. Thank you! :)

You gotta start somewhere, when I first started doing vlogs I just posted them up to share with all my friends, then the video views went lower and lower cuz people stopped being interested.
Eventually I changed gears, developed a niche, made a fan page and had people come to me if they wanted to see my content. Once the audience is built, you can focus easier on where to share and where it's relevant.

i hear you! i'm in the same place. only one person knows i have a YT channel. (my family has heard my music elsewhere, that's enuf)

but i always think it makes growing harder

Back