Tailoring your promotion

FourGoldenTurtles

YTtalk Mad
Do you know what demographic watches the type of video you make and tailor your promotion accordingly? i.e if your a gamer do you post on websites where the majority of the people there are male?

The demographic that seemingly watches vloggers the most (i'm a vlogger) is 13-17 year old girls. It's not something I keep in mind when I make my videos but something I probably should when promoting. Should I tailor my promotion accordingly even though it's not a demographic I'm aiming for in particular? If so how?

Do you know what demographic watches the type of video you make and tailor your promotion accordingly? i.e if your a gamer do you post on websites where the majority of the people there are male?

The demographic that seemingly watches vloggers the most (i'm a vlogger) is 13-17 year old girls. It's not something I keep in mind when I make my videos but something I probably should when promoting. Should I tailor my promotion accordingly even though it's not a demographic I'm aiming for in particular? If so how?

Honestly, the only thing I've gotten out of watching demographics is knowing the vloggers should be sure to share their stuff on tumblr. Other than that...I have no idea.

That depends. Is that the demographic that you're aiming for? I'm a vlogger, but I'm not particularly aiming for that group in the slightest. I guess just find a niche that your videos can fall under, and go with that. Who would be interested in your particular videos?

That depends. Is that the demographic that you're aiming for? I'm a vlogger, but I'm not particularly aiming for that group in the slightest. I guess just find a niche that your videos can fall under, and go with that. Who would be interested in your particular videos?
It's not a demographic I aim for really as I try to make my stuff pretty universal. However looking at the statistics of the youtubers that inspired me and I aspire to be like (danisnotonfire, vlogbrothers, nigahiga, charlieissocoollike) that is the largest demographic. I can't see mine just yet so I can't really use that to help.

Back