Tag Questions

Freezedown

I Love YTtalk
Hello all, I'm pretty sure I know how they work and what to use but it never hurts to get a second opinion. While i'm sure there is a topic on this somewhere I find it easier and more helpful to ask myself. Now is there anyone able and willing to just give me a quick overview on Tags for your videos. My understanding is you want to put the most relevant Keywords on your video, slowly getting more vague. For example, Say its a Let's Play of The Walking Dead, wouldn't I want something like, The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead Lets Play, Lets Play The Walking Dead, and so on?

Any input on this would be helpful, Thanks!

That is indeed true. Anything that is relevant to your videos, you should as a tag. If you're doing a TWD Let's Play, then "gaming", "telltale games" (the developers) and "zombies" come to mind.

That is indeed true. Anything that is relevant to your videos, you should as a tag. If you're doing a TWD Let's Play, then "gaming", "telltale games" (the developers) and "zombies" come to mind.
Thank you friend, just trying to improve my chances of being seen. I thought I had it down but wasn't sure.

Thank you friend, just trying to improve my chances of being seen. I thought I had it down but wasn't sure.
Not a problem! I'm not sure if it still works, but try going to youtube(dot)com/keyword_tool. Choose the language your videos are in (English, I suppose) and the country where you want the tags to be popular in (I usually choose USA) and put in words relevant to your videos. Then click "Get Keyword Ideas" and Youtube will give you some keywords that are popular and relevant to what you're doing.

Not a problem! I'm not sure if it still works, but try going to youtube(dot)com/keyword_tool. Choose the language your videos are in (English, I suppose) and the country where you want the tags to be popular in (I usually choose USA) and put in words relevant to your videos. Then click "Get Keyword Ideas" and Youtube will give you some keywords that are popular and relevant to what you're doing.
I did not know about this, thanks i'll check it out and see how it works.

If it is related to the video in any way shape or form I would tag it, since its relevant! and it will help bring in a more diverse group of viewers!

That's right, key word also help :) Channel username helps with the search relevance too :)

Back