Tackling Reddit

cmcollection

I Love YTtalk
I posted one of my videos in reddit's male fashion advice, and the downvotes have ensued probably without people having even watched the video. I am active on reddit and post their almost daily (not spam). What exactly does it take?

It really depends on what it is... If you're posting videos on there to promote yourself, it will more than likely not work.

Are you an established member of that subreddit? If you are, people will be more willing to watch your videos.

Reddit isn't too nice to us. I can't even post my videos on it without Reddit taking them down. I only post my videos in the Sub-Reddits related to the subject.

People just like to down vote anyone regardless of the actual content. Trolls live at Reddit.

I usually get far more responses and good karma when I post a funny pic to a relevant subreddit.

When it comes to videos, I either get downvoted or no responses at all.

You could try making a text thread that doesn't link them directly to your video when they click on it. Then in the text, discuss some of the things you talk about in the video and ask for their opinions on the topic. Then at the end of your text you could say something along the lines of "I also made a video on this topic, so if you would like to, you can watch it here" and then link your video. That way you're not forcing them to watch your video, but if you have a popular enough topic and it makes it to the front page, some people will inevitably watch your video. I've only done this once with a gaming video, and even though it didn't make it to the front of the subreddit, it also didn't get down voted to oblivion. No guarantee, but maybe it will work for you.

Reddit isn't too nice to us. I can't even post my videos on it without Reddit taking them down. I only post my videos in the Sub-Reddits related to the subject.

People just like to down vote anyone regardless of the actual content. Trolls live at Reddit.

This is quite true, I had the same response.

Reddit seems to be really anti video for some reason. I even post in relevant video subreddits and they're ghost towns.

Back