Switching Editing Software

IIGInsanity

Well I've been a Sony Vegas Pro user for quite some time and over the years I've had issue after issue with it, just constant "Not Responding" errors and various times where my renders just screw up entirely on the final product.

I took a look at the list here on YTT and decided to give something else a try, I'm not using SVP for effects or anything like that so that is none of my concern.

I'm going with Corel VideoStudio as I've been please with Corel software plenty times.

Anyone want to give me a better choice or perhaps give me some input as to what the best video editing software for a video game commentator would be? Just simple editing of clip cutting, volume toggling, etc?

You can do that with whatever came with your computer. If you want more, and you are tired of Sony, you can try Power Director (cheap), or Adobe Premiere (a bit more expensive), or Adobe Creative Suite (very expensive).

Adobe Creative suite is amazing. It give you a great editing software and effects software. I have never messed with Corel Video Studio.. I think that might be the only editing software I haven't tried.

Adobe Creative suite is amazing. It give you a great editing software and effects software. I have never messed with Corel Video Studio.. I think that might be the only editing software I haven't tried.
I'm loving it so far, so simple, yet packed with amazing features truly. Rendered in a very fast amount of time actually and the final product is in perfect H264 720P 30fps. Love it.

I'll be sure to give Adobe Creative Suite a shot when I get a chance or more funds to spend.

I'm loving it so far, so simple, yet packed with amazing features truly. Rendered in a very fast amount of time actually and the final product is in perfect H264 720P 30fps. Love it.

I'll be sure to give Adobe Creative Suite a shot when I get a chance or more funds to spend.
When you do get the chance, even if you just try it on someone else's computer, you will see that Creative Suite totally blows all the rest away. There are good and bad sides to all software, so it's not perfect, but it is definitely IMHO the best by far. I won't use anything else.

When you do get the chance, even if you just try it on someone else's computer, you will see that Creative Suite totally blows all the rest away. There are good and bad sides to all software, so it's not perfect, but it is definitely IMHO the best by far. I won't use anything else.
Alrighty. :)
Thanks for the input!

I use premiere after I had issues with Vegas and I love it, It's a bit daunting starting with a new Software when you've been used to something different for a long time.

I started with Vegas 5 years ago at College and I loved it, It was down to boredom of that software that I changed.
It helps that I had decent experience with Vegas to cross over.

Back