Summer Music Video - Stand Together

Playfio

Hello all YTtalk users

standTogether_blog.jpg

I've just finished one of my latest music videos - I write my own music and create all my videos - I'd be interested to know what you all think of the video.

I've tried to get the videos in time with the music - some points sucessfully - if anyone's got any tips on how they match video so its in time with music - I'd like to hear from you

Hope you enjoy this Happy Summer Tune :)

[DOUBLEPOST=1345641025,1345623454][/DOUBLEPOST]If your on Sound Clound pls check out my channel:
http://soundcloud.com/playfio

It reminds me of Wham. It sounds good, very 80's though, which hasn't to be bad. Remember how George Michael sang low-toned at the verses, but raised to an almost desperate high tone at the chorus, like crying for an answer or something.:singing2: ? I miss that high-crying voice asking "why?" with a bit of anger. It doesn't matter if the lyrics are rather peaceful and there's no conflict, you can add it through your performance.

As for the video-audio sync issue, you have to make sure in your video editor that it's in sync by previewing it in real time with low quality, but I'm afraid that once at YouTube, it's gonna be out of sync, probably at the start, and you'll suffer the lag all the way. Just accept the whole thing and don't worry much about it, 'cause it's a bit random and you can do nothing.

The b/w cartoons look good, 'cause they're retro, but the afro-haired dancers from the seventies are rather un-cool, at least from my perspective. Hey, it's an opinion!

I know it's hard to do, but you should try to make some video stuff of our own. And believe me, I KNOW it's hard, I've created a cartoon band all by myself!

Cheers!

Thanks for your comments guys - All is a bit of a random collection of videos - I have to agreee.

Would probably be best to stick to one genre - I'm definitely a fan of those old b/w cartoon - so perhaps I could try and find more of that to replace the lovable 70's dancers & hair!!

Just trying to find the right type of music video - I've tried a couple of things with my own video footage - let me know what u think below:
My end result though seems to be more arty and less attention grabbing - Ideal scenario is to keep viewers watching for longer to hear more of the music

How to find a Balance?? any thoughts appreciated

Thanks for your comments guys - All is a bit of a random collection of videos - I have to agreee.

Would probably be best to stick to one genre - I'm definitely a fan of those old b/w cartoon - so perhaps I could try and find more of that to replace the lovable 70's dancers & hair!!

Just trying to find the right type of music video - I've tried a couple of things with my own video footage - let me know what u think below:
My end result though seems to be more arty and less attention grabbing - Ideal scenario is to keep viewers watching for longer to hear more of the music

How to find a Balance?? any thoughts appreciated

Hi again, Playfio! The first 50 seconds are totally eye-catching, and the subtle music help to that. After those 50 seconds, you enter a period in which I think you'll lose viewers, because the footage isn't interesting enough and music has come down (in other words, instead of evolving, the audio-visual pack has moved back) . Then, at 2:40, the highway image enters again and the rythmic base accents that, and attention is lifted again. But then... you totally drop down the rythm, when the opposite was expected! What the audience (or at least me;) is expecting is the song to evolve, not to move back.:confused:

I would replace (or combine) all that city night footage with a driving-inside-a-car footage, by midday. It would add up to the great view of the highway, and it would add a contrast night vs day. Have you seen that BMW commercial, the one that says "Do you like driving"? If it works for BMW...;)

In my opinion, you've got talent and taste. You simply need to develop a sense of making things interesting, mostly by handling rythm wisely, both visually and musically.

Cheers!

Thanks for your comments again - certainly all makes good sense - really need to get out and start filming everything I can get my hands on

I think this music vid could work better if the whole track length was shortened too - gotta be something very special to keep your audience for 6 and half mins.

I really like your animations - jeez that much take some time! Do you start off with a standard video recording then transfer to animation ie. to get all the facial movements spot on. - what software do you use?

Really original way of promoting your stuff

Thanks for your comments again - certainly all makes good sense - really need to get out and start filming everything I can get my hands on

I think this music vid could work better if the whole track length was shortened too - gotta be something very special to keep your audience for 6 and half mins.

I really like your animations - jeez that much take some time! Do you start off with a standard video recording then transfer to animation ie. to get all the facial movements spot on. - what software do you use?

Really original way of promoting your stuff

One tip that I think might help you: think of any music video or commercial that you enjoy watching, and that kind of relates to the music you're making. Then ask yourself how the directors of those videos would make your song's video, and try to stick to that. For instance: I watched all Gorillaz's videos as an inspiration for my own work, and realised that Gorillaz had a "Japanese manga" approach to everything they did, so I watched many mangas/animes that I liked, discarding the parts that I didn't like. Then, visual ideas for my own videos came to my head as a result. I'm not doing a clone of Gorillaz, but something personal based on Gorillaz and anime, but their experience helped me to reach my goals. I kind of stepped on their backs to get myself up!

Yes, I agree that a 6 and a half min long track has to be really something to justify its length. Not so much in terms of quality, but storytelling and arrangements, like Pink Floyd, that set you in a mood during 4 minutes, then lift you up during 1 minute, and then take you elsewhere during a 2 minute reprise. I'm very fond of Pink Floyd, but I wouldn't dare doing the same thing. I'd get nuts!:confused:

I'm glad that you like my stuff!! I usually start recording all the audio, and then let the mood of the song and voices dictate the mood of the visuals, as well as the character's acting. The lips are in sync because I pose the character after recording his/her voice. I use Blender 3D, even for video editing. All characters are 3D, but rendered with Freestyle, an outline renderer plug-in. Yes, it's a ton of work:D!

Have fun and enjoy!:)

More very good advice again! never really thought about taking apart music videos and commercials that I like. It's defintely a strategy I'm going to adopt

I tend to start music videos these days just with a load of different clips and try and mash it together!! More planning needed in the future

I'm a fan of Pink Floyd too - they've produced some awe inspiring stuff over the years

Best of luck with the animations - sounds like they're gonna keep you busy ;) Cheers

Back