Subtitles

fabianlorenzo

I've Got It
Hello everyone, we're vlogging in Dutch, but we wanted to put english subtitles, so everyone can understand and enjoy our videos. But how are you doing that?

Something cool about youtube is if you put up captions in dutch, then google can use it's translate tool to put translated captions in any language people want :)[DOUBLEPOST=1371905735,1371905675][/DOUBLEPOST]just go to, edit video, over to the captions tab, click on edit auto captions, and correct it

Something cool about youtube is if you put up captions in dutch, then google can use it's translate tool to put translated captions in any language people want :)[DOUBLEPOST=1371905735,1371905675][/DOUBLEPOST]just go to, edit video, over to the captions tab, click on edit auto captions, and correct it
- I know, but Youtube translation is the worst translation in the world.. we were talking about an iPod and youtube translate said we were talking about the Belgian Government...

- I know, but Youtube translation is the worst translation in the world.. we were talking about an iPod and youtube translate said we were talking about the Belgian Government...

You need to use your editing software to place the text on your video, you will have to individually type out what you said, and sync it with when you said it

Well auto translations can be dodgy but they get the point across, maybe translate it yourself then edit the text over your video manually

- Okay thanks!

You can use dotsub site (just search it), transcribe your video, download the transcription file once done and add it to the video. I know it might sound complicated if you've never done this before, but just look up a few tutorials and you'll have it in 2 mins.

You can use dotsub site (just search it), transcribe your video, download the transcription file once done and add it to the video. I know it might sound complicated if you've never done this before, but just look up a few tutorials and you'll have it in 2 mins.
- Thanks! I hope this is the thing I am looking for!

Back