Sponsor Question

ClassicNerd

I've Got It
Hello, so I am partnered with a network that is attempting to get me gaming and pc accessory sponsors. Many of them as of right now would be affiliate sponsorship's where I basically promote them and make money like a commission. The more I am able to drive to their website and get people buying their products, the more money I would receive.

I have an issue with how to promote them without losing some respect. I could say "Go check out [insert company name and website]" at the end of my videos or name drop them during the videos, but I have watched other YouTubers that do that and it just seems like they are selling themselves out and I don't want to just seem and act like a walking billboard.

My question is this, how can I promote these companies in a more professional way? Are you sponsored? If so, how do you talk about the company or companies to your subscribers and viewers? If you are not sponsored, how would you talk about and promote your sponsors? All I can think of is do a vlog where I talk about them and add referral links to all of my video descriptions.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about Freedom! sponsorship. If so, you and I are in the same boat. I have no idea how long they are going to take to get back to me though, but when/if they ever do, I would probably just start my videos out by doing something like this: "Today's video is brought to you by "Name of Company". If you're looking for high quality gaming gear, head on over to "Name of Company" where you can get a "Whatever percent it is" discount by using this code/link. " That's just what I would probably do. It may not be what you're looking for, but it's what I plan on doing.

I started watching some of the big name Tuber's and noticed that some where very subtle about their sponsors but I bet you anything it is probably effective. Like at the end of my Loot Crate video I really should have talked more about the company and how if you use my referral link you can get a discount and it helps me out.

I like the idea of "This video is brought to you by "Company Name", click the link down below, you can get [insert perk for possible customer] and it also helps me out."

This is not a sponsorship. A sponsorship is where a company pays you outright to talk about them or showcase their product. Be very aware that affiliate links can get you in trouble with YouTube, but also that you can't really get away with saying "Sponsored by" or including a quick header or end-card with the same verbiage because they aren't sponsoring you.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with it at all.

Back