split screen editing help

talitha

YTtalk Mad
HI.

Okay, I've been looking recently a lot at different types of editing effects, and one particularly which stood out to me was the one where it plays the same video however it's split into four boxes. Like split screen but four of them, i've been looking for a while on Youtube the name of it does anyone know? and what editing software would be good to do those type of effects, not something tooo complicated like After effects, Imoie, sony vegas etc

Umm... duplicate the video stream 4 times in the timeline, resize to 1/4th screen size, position appropriately, win?

Umm... duplicate the video stream 4 times in the timeline, resize to 1/4th screen size, position appropriately, win?
yes you can do that. but i know i se final cut pro x and there a effect you can use for that or in final cut pro you can transform it any way you find fit i am not sure if movie make lets you do that

It's a safe assumption that nice effects in Premiere, Vegas or Finalcut are not available in Movie Maker.

It's a safe assumption that nice effects in Premiere, Vegas or Finalcut are not available in Movie Maker.
thats true when i first started youtube i used movie maker and its limited to what you can do but it does a lot

HI.

Okay, I've been looking recently a lot at different types of editing effects, and one particularly which stood out to me was the one where it plays the same video however it's split into four boxes. Like split screen but four of them, i've been looking for a while on Youtube the name of it does anyone know? and what editing software would be good to do those type of effects, not something tooo complicated like After effects, Imoie, sony vegas etc
What software are you using? If it's just the stock editing software that comes with your computer, it's not likely that you will make it happen.

HI.

I use Sony Vegas to do that. I just uploaded a video on how to do that, so you can take a look at it in my channel if you need guidance on how to place multiple videos on one screen. :) Sony Vegas isn't as complicated as you think to use. xD

Back