Sound mixing

ZombieBrain

Always hungry!
Hi guys!

I'd like to ask You if You think that sound effects / music / my commentary are on proper volume levels in my videos (please check any of my latest vids, because I have the same settings in them).

The thing is that I'm not sure if for example music volume isn't too low compared to my commentary. Also I'm not sure if blood splatter sound in intro and Shia LeBeouf in outro are not too loud?

I always test it using both my headphones and speakers but they are not great in terms of quality and I get quite different results. For example everything sounds nicely mixed together when I listen on my headphones and then when I listen on regular speakers it sounds just different.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

both the music and Shia LeBeouf should be lowered. When in doubt about background music, lower it.

both the music and Shia LeBeouf should be lowered. When in doubt about background music, lower it.
Really? Actually I was thinking the opposite with background music... I thought its volume was too low. When I listen to it through my regular speakers I can barely hear the bg music. :thumbsdown2:

When I listen to it through my regular speakers I can barely hear the bg music.
That is actually a good thing. The background music is merely there to provide audio texture and help keep the flow of your video constant, nothing more. Adding "color" to silence if you will. It is really not supposed to be noticed.
In my video during the puppet dialog segment I have a backing drum beat and keep it VERY low to reduce the risk of it distracting from what I wanted my audience to focus on; puppets with inappropriate humor.

That is actually a good thing. The background music is merely there to provide audio texture and help keep the flow of your video constant, nothing more. Adding "color" to silence if you will. It is really not supposed to be noticed.
In my video during the puppet dialog segment I have a backing drum beat and keep it VERY low to reduce the risk of it distracting from what I wanted my audience to focus on; puppets with inappropriate humor.

What he said IMO, the way i personally watch lets plays is having them on in the background while im doing something else and if the background music is crazy loud and intrusive ill usually shut it off, especially if its a music genere i dont happen to be into it becomes super distracting.

Back