Social Life Mini Series

i really dig this idea,. . .
. . .can I suggest a character type? how about a person who's trying to fit in, the Socially Awkward kid.

First off.... HOW DARE YOU THINK YOU CAN ADD IDEAS AFTER COMING IN LATE lol ok
I sorta had that same idea. I was going to call them the shy but I like your wording better. I'm going to go ahead and add it to the main post.
btw you just won like 50,000,000 points by having a quote from Legend of Korra in your signature.

Dude just saw this thread and noticed I was tagged in it to check it out lol. I love it, it's like a quick look of BTS of a YouTuber almost with a tv show vibe. It also reminds me of The Guild by Felicia Day. A bunch of nerds that meet online playing a MMO and also living their own lives outside the game.

I dig your idea of the archtypes. Something that I would like to see in these kinds of series would be some kind of romantic development. It doesn't have to be obvious, it can be very subtle, but it's always cool to cheer for the dude trying to get the girl. And socially awkward internet people can relate to how tough it can be.

It'd be interesting to see how this plays out for you. Honestly though I think it'll be incredibly easier on you if you can cast locally for this. Directing people across the internet sounds near impossible if you want it to run smoothly.

It'd be interesting to see how this plays out for you. Honestly though I think it'll be incredibly easier on you if you can cast locally for this. Directing people across the internet sounds near impossible if you want it to run smoothly.

Yea I agree. >.< I know. I sorta started think about that. I'm going to add what you said to the main post. The part about the romantic development.

William Phan Nicekid76 I agree with Will. doing this spread out over the interwebs, while being really awesome, would be really difficult. Nicekid, as the director, if you were to do it over the internet, you'd have to put a lot of faith and trust in the people that you get to do this project. That, and it'd be a lot of coordination.

That said, it's not entirely impossible. Once you select people for the project, you then need to consider how best to relay your image of the project. In my experience, describing camera angles in the script that you send out is a good way to do it, plus webchat and images.

Locally would definitely be easier, without a doubt, but a huge collab would be SICK!

Yeah and for me it'll be the difference in video and audio quality too. It's hard to stay focus if the video quality changes from scene to scene and if two people are having a conversation and the audio is not consistent (volume and quality) it'll distract from the video.

Back