So what do I do now?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
So I was off Youtube for a week or due to family being in town. I filmed a review on wrestling and my friend had his kid in the video. So while filming at yet another friend's house that's more into Youtube, and he told me about the Markiplier video and the situation with Google accounts being taken down altogether. Looking more into this, I also saw the COPPA thing and how uploading new videos are now asking if you want to upload for kids or not, no middle ground.

So now I have a problem with my video. It has a kid in it, but we also discuss wrestling, which is us basically talking about violence and blood and whatnot. I guess that video is now a no-go just cause the kid is in it. Geez.

Moved to the copyright / claims / legal forum. :)

My advice would be to play it safe and either not upload it or declare that kids appear in the video (advanced tab I think) and/or declare that the video is for kids (if that is the case).

That's the problem, it's kinda 'for kids' (cause the kid is in it, and according to Youtube that alone means it's for kids) and also not for kids because there is light swearing and talk about the wrestlers cutting themselves with glass and barbed wire.

So I just decided to keep it off of Youtube. Ugh, I knew there was gonna be trouble if the kid was in it, but she got to meet some wrestlers and her dad really wanted her in it to tell her story.

That's the problem, it's kinda 'for kids' (cause the kid is in it, and according to Youtube that alone means it's for kids) and also not for kids because there is light swearing and talk about the wrestlers cutting themselves with glass and barbed wire.

So I just decided to keep it off of Youtube. Ugh, I knew there was gonna be trouble if the kid was in it, but she got to meet some wrestlers and her dad really wanted her in it to tell her story.
We'll let's hope this COPPA thing does't come through and the whole FTC situation gets resolve.

We'll let's hope this COPPA thing does't come through and the whole FTC situation gets resolve.
COPPA has been in existence as a US Federal law since 1998.

YouTube was fined $170 million by the FTC for COPPA non-compliance earlier this year. I therefore think it's just a bit wierd and off base for you to say that...

Back