So I'm new to all of this...

yozo67

Well, I recently got Sony Vegas Pro 12, After Effects CS3, and Photoshop CS6, and I have no idea how to use them. Most YouTube tutorials wont cover what I need them for though.

I do trickshots, and I was looking into how to edit my own and other people's episodes. Also how to make them look really professional, and I know it takes a while to learn how to do it like the pros, so I need someone to teach me or lead me in the right direction to a tutorial for things I do in these programs.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

You simply need to learn how to use the programs themselves. There is no quick path to YouTube Professional video quality.

Also, there isn't even a chance that you spent the amount of money those complex and professional level programs required and then proceeded to ask on some online forum how to make good videos.

Best of luck.

First of all seen as you have photoshop and after effects I would recommend keeping your workflow all within Adobe by using Adobe Premiere rather than Sony Vegas. If you keep within Adobe it speeds up your workflow a lot!

But as to learning the programs, it's all about practice makes perfect. I remember when I started, these programmes looked so daunting but I just had to persevere. Try and give yourself a little project to do for each programme and then get bigger and bigger. Like maybe just film random clips and put them together and add music. Then move on to adding text and then sound effects and so on.

If you want to learn after effects you have to go to the after effects god which is Andrew Kramer at videocopilot.net. If you follow his basic tutorials you WILL learn after effects, guaranteed.

Hope this helps

Chris.

Im using after effects and photoshop. And im really liking it and its easy when u know all the functions. But since u dont know how u use them i recommend the easy programs first like SonyVegas. Cause then u will learn the base and work it up from there.

I was forced to learn the basics of CS6 Photoshop, After Effects and Premier Pro. My advice would be check after tutorials on YouTube and try it for yourself, there are some very good and informative videos out there. 4 weeks down the line I am glad I did because I can produce my own stuff without needing someone else to do it for me!

First of all seen as you have photoshop and after effects I would recommend keeping your workflow all within Adobe by using Adobe Premiere rather than Sony Vegas. If you keep within Adobe it speeds up your workflow a lot!

But as to learning the programs, it's all about practice makes perfect. I remember when I started, these programmes looked so daunting but I just had to persevere. Try and give yourself a little project to do for each programme and then get bigger and bigger. Like maybe just film random clips and put them together and add music. Then move on to adding text and then sound effects and so on.

If you want to learn after effects you have to go to the after effects god which is Andrew Kramer at videocopilot.net. If you follow his basic tutorials you WILL learn after effects, guaranteed.

Hope this helps

Chris.
this is correct. You just fool around, mess with it, try things, it's annoying at first, and speeds up in time.

Good luck on the learning process. I'm new to video editing, but have done a ton of photography editing in the past.

My advice for photoshop is to go out and look for a photography magazine that has articles on how to use levels, layering, masks etc... Then just follow the instructions on page and work in the actual program.

Youtube video tutorials never really worked for me when it came to photoshop, too much pausing, rewinding and unless you have dedicated screens to each program, it's a pain to switch windows back and forth.

Just to let everyone know, I'm currently taking learning courses and stuff at school for things like this. Thanks for the advise. Also, I did already have a limited SV knowing.

I am continuing to work on getting used to them, thanks again :D

Back