Showing trailers in your videos?

MonkeyManiac

YTtalk Mad
So hello!

People like Ermegency Awesome who talk about movies stuff starts the videos off by showing the trailer.
Some of the big gamers, AliA/Tmartn also show the COD trailers, when they talk about them!

I'm a big movie fan, and I would like to make a kind of Movie/Game Trailer First reactions and impression series! But to do that I would like to show the trailer!
But won't I get copyrighted?? Why doesn't Ermegency Awesome and those guys not?? Do they??

Thanks! :)

They are most likely with a YouTube Network and the network deals with there copyrights if you are just a YouTube partner YouTube just copyrights everything and anything they f-ing can to be honest so you do get fair use if you use like 30 seconds of footage as far as i know :/ you could just show you're reaction and not put the trailer in there.

So hello!

People like Ermegency Awesome who talk about movies stuff starts the videos off by showing the trailer.
Some of the big gamers, AliA/Tmartn also show the COD trailers, when they talk about them!

I'm a big movie fan, and I would like to make a kind of Movie/Game Trailer First reactions and impression series! But to do that I would like to show the trailer!
But won't I get copyrighted?? Why doesn't Ermegency Awesome and those guys not?? Do they??

Thanks! :)

Trailers and music are the most likely source of copyright matches given that they are exact content that can easily be matched by the YouTube algorithm. As to why big channels don't get punished, it's because they're big. A large channel driving significant views is much more likely to be offered some kind of promotion deal or exemption on matching content. In the case of video game trailers, often a match will be done but no copyright strike. In those situations, the video is monetized by the company, not the channel and you the viewer have no way to identify whether that has occurred.

They are most likely with a YouTube Network and the network deals with there copyrights if you are just a YouTube partner YouTube just copyrights everything and anything they f-ing can to be honest so you do get fair use if you use like 30 seconds of footage as far as i know :/ you could just show you're reaction and not put the trailer in there.

Don't guess. Especially when you're wrong.

Don't guess. Especially when you're wrong.[/QUOTE]
sorry but this wasnt a guess this is genuinly what happens every big channel is with a YouTube network

1. They earn more money
2. YouTube can't copyright them
3. This is how they receive brand deals.

i watched a video by the VlogBrothers a while ago..

sorry but this wasnt a guess this is genuinly what happens every big channel is with a YouTube network

1. They earn more money
2. YouTube can't copyright them
3. This is how they receive brand deals.

i watched a video by the VlogBrothers a while ago..

Incorrect third party information or misunderstanding on your part of what they said. It is possible in some circumstances for networks to organize mass promotion deals however those are extremely rare for every channel in a network. YouTube absolutely can and does hit network channels with ContentID matches because it is a setting within ContentID under the control of the content owner. Channels in general will be whiteflagged for content individually and that tends only to be channels of real size.

As to the 30 seconds of content being fair use, that is flat out wrong. There is no hardline time indicator in fair use doctrine law, nor has any YouTube case ever hit the courts to provide precedent for us to use. YouTube frequently matches even tiny 5 second samples of content.

Incorrect third party information or misunderstanding on your part of what they said. It is possible in some circumstances for networks to organize mass promotion deals however those are extremely rare for every channel in a network. YouTube absolutely can and does hit network channels with ContentID matches because it is a setting within ContentID under the control of the content owner. Channels in general will be whiteflagged for content individually and that tends only to be channels of real size.

As to the 30 seconds of content being fair use, that is flat out wrong. There is no hardline time indicator in fair use doctrine law, nor has any YouTube case ever hit the courts to provide precedent for us to use. YouTube frequently matches even tiny 5 second samples of content.
Okay man i don't wanna be in an argument over youtube to be honest, but to be honest in all seriousness i miss the old old youtube.. you could do what ever you wanted. now its just upload your stuff and get copyrighted for more or less anything. but i suppose its gotta be like that.

Back