Should I risk it?

soulred12

YTtalk Mad
So I discovered about three of my gaming videos are actually a lot more popular than my other videos (relatively...my other videos aren't popular at all, lol). And they're still getting a couple views per day. The thing is, they don't have commentary. Should I risk it by monetizing them? I'm with adsense. What happens if I try to monetize an ineligible video? Do I get a copyright strike, does the video get taken down, etc...

Do not risk it. Before doing that learn every possible thing that could happen and learn what you need to do to prevent things that you do not want to happen. I do not know much about this kind of stuff yet... So I would wait for others to help you.

So I discovered about three of my gaming videos are actually a lot more popular than my other videos (relatively...my other videos aren't popular at all, lol). And they're still getting a couple views per day. The thing is, they don't have commentary. Should I risk it by monetizing them? I'm with adsense. What happens if I try to monetize an ineligible video? Do I get a copyright strike, does the video get taken down, etc...
First check the publishers terms and conditions for posting on YouTube. Some don't even allow you to post videos at all, regardless of commercial or not. If it's clearly listed in the T&Cs that they allow monetising or commercial use, you are fine. Usually if YouTube require more information a link to these T&Cs are enough, but it depends on the person reviewing it. If you're unsure or in doubt, always get direct permission from the publishers, written permission. Save the email somewhere. When you send the email asking for permission, make sure you state which game it is for. They won't mind replying to you everytime you need permission either as most of them probably already get thousands a day and already have a reply email ready xD You can then copy and paste the email into the dialog box if YouTube ask for more information and if you saved it you can also attach the email for harder evidence (copy and pasting can look like you wrote it yourself).

Failing to take precautions can result in your adsense account being shut down permanently and 1 copyright strike on your YouTube account.

Well the thing is I'm 100% sure I won't be able to get permission from the game creator. Sigh, why didn't I just commentate on the videos? :(

For 2 views a day it doesn't even worth it dude !
Don't even think about monetization, not until you earn a least 1k. Views a day.... Even then you will not gain much to eat a sandwich.... With my stat I only get paid every 3 month.... (Treshold is 100 dollars)

Forget it for the time being, focus on your content !

Man just commentate over the video, and I assume that you're partnered with a gaming network? then you're following everything in the guidelines and you should be good to go, if not, Id advise not monitizing anything because you're just asking for a YT strike man.

Back