Should I change my channel niche?

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
I’m unfortunately going to need to change the niche of my channel in a few months. Is there any good way to go about this? Should I just start over? What can I do to ensure I keep my audience?

Backstory: I’m currently a Disneyland cast member and my channel is all about that, but in a few months I’ll be moving back up to Oregon, so I won’t be able to continue that Disney cast member life.

I could still do some Disney related content but it obviously wouldn’t be the same since I can no longer go to the parks whenever I want and I would no longer have stories or new experiences as an employee there. I’m really at a loss on what to do here with my channel

Honestly, I wouldn't 'start over' - If you're still interested in disney (which I assume you are and will be!) you can still make disney related content, even if its not for every video
Since you're still going to be making content, I'm sure a lot of the people who watch you, watch you for YOU not just bc of the content you make, and it'll be doubly good if you're still planning on making disney content..
Making a new channel will just result in your old channel dying, people might not know you HAVE a new channel, so they might not make their way over to you..

I'm sure you could lose some subsribers, but it's a lot easier than starting over from scratch!

Goodluck either way,I hope everything goes well (with your YT and your move!)

Back