Short videos VS. Longer videos

Bert McCert

Super Poster
Which do you find does better with views and likes? In my previous experience, I've noticed (surprisingly) that 14 minutes does better than 4 minutes. It may be due to content, but what do you think?

I like longer videos, but having enough content/energy to keep going for that long is the only thing that makes it possible to sit through them. If some goof is yawning and mumbling, I'll have left after 5 seconds. Testing the waters with shorter videos in the beginning is always best.

I generally don't watch long videos unless it's a review, a tour, or maybe a montage of somesort. Other than that, I like videos short and sweet, but without missing important detail. Generally speaking, though, my longer videos are about the same as my shorter videos.

It really depends it can go either way depending on your viewers.. if they really enjoy watching what you do they'll sit through a 25 minute segment or longer! It just depends on your fan base and the content that your distributing to the community mixed in with presentation. :D

You should make a short videos for tutorials because shorter no need a lot of time so they can do what you doing in tutorials more faster. You should make a longer videos for gameplay because they usually want to see whole thing in 1 video. If you're playing long games as Last Of Us, you should make 20 - 30 minutes video

Its clearly a content issue, my best viewed and liked video has about 14k views and it over 30minutes long.

Great content always = alot of views.

Shorter videos are just easier but don't make for better viewing.

I don't mind length of video as long as it's interesting. Some people talk for 10mins and when it's all said and done the video could have been 4mins and more interesting. It depends really. I make mine shorter.

Personally I have found that videos around 7-9 minutes seem to hold good retention. Longer and it only holds people if the content is really worth it, but likewise shorter and people seem to click away sooner. I have no idea why maybe its a subconcious thing. When we make our lore oriented videos, we try our best to hit that sweet 7-9 minute spot.

Back