Shooting on locations - getting permission / convincing

Venomouse

Hi guys,

So I have a bunch of skits written, and a lot of them require very specific film locations, ie shops / public pool etc. While I do have some friends who have houses I can shoot at for specific scenes, I really need to be able to shoot some footage on location.

The problems

#1 - Who are you.... why would company x let me shoot 'for YouTube' (hard enough to convince my mates I want to do this properly.
#2 - um, that content may be questionable, ie we don't find that amusing.
#3 - I don't really have any videos 'of the quality I'm wanting to shoot' I can even provide as an example (currently being worked on)

So any suggestions?

Cheers
V

Hi guys,

So I have a bunch of skits written, and a lot of them require very specific film locations, ie shops / public pool etc. While I do have some friends who have houses I can shoot at for specific scenes, I really need to be able to shoot some footage on location.

The problems

#1 - Who are you.... why would company x let me shoot 'for YouTube' (hard enough to convince my mates I want to do this properly.
#2 - um, that content may be questionable, ie we don't find that amusing.
#3 - I don't really have any videos 'of the quality I'm wanting to shoot' I can even provide as an example (currently being worked on)

So any suggestions?

Cheers
V
I'd let them know that some people pay for this type of advertising and that by using their location it could easily generate more money for them if it went viral.

I don't really know. You could sell it off to them as if your advertising the location and you could even include the place in the video. Just act all friendly, be nice and explain what you want to do.

I was thinking along the same track..ie advertising....eg costume hire shop give me discount on hire, I put them in credits...ie V gets all their costumes from XXX (which if you think about it wouldn't be that much material at all....if ..you ...know what I mean...hey......hey...sigh.)

Back