Setting tags in order of importance

garry firth

I've Got It
Hi,getting a Little confused here...if my Video is about fish,should fish associated tags come first ie order of importance ,or my site Name and things associated with that come first ..I read maybe A few site tags should be put together that links all my Videos together.

I sort mine in order of importance as well. I put the stuff like fish in this example first then my generic tags for all my videos at the end. (so my videos come up in the suggested video of each other)

I sort mine in order of importance as well. I put the stuff like fish in this example first then my generic tags for all my videos at the end. (so my videos come up in the suggested video of each other)
How m,any generic tags do you use ? last week I spent a lot of time putting my channel Name to the frnt now i am thinkning that may ahve been a waste of time

I know that ordering your tags had a small impact, but is it sizable enough to justify ordering your tags?

What ever summarizes your video, is most pertinent, or commonly associated words even, in the comment section can help.

I try to sort mine in order of importance but I think if you mess it up in the tag section and you didn't copy it somewhere else it's not possible to change the order. I always do my tag section tags last. I type it up in another window or a notepad and keep everything in order before copying and pasting it into the tag section.

I try to sort mine in order of importance but I think if you mess it up in the tag section and you didn't copy it somewhere else it's not possible to change the order. I always do my tag section tags last. I type it up in another window or a notepad and keep everything in order before copying and pasting it into the tag section.
I usually have a google doc with the description, title and tag, so I can paste them in right after uploading.

You used to be able to click in the tag section and when the " | " starts flashing, move the arrow keys to change the order of tags by typing them in a different order. I think the last update from YouTube messed something up though :/ Actually nevermind, it still works but you need to refresh the page after saving now.

Back