Serious artifacting and quality degredation after uploading

Comafly

Hi everyone. I've just uploaded a video and it appears extremely degraded and is filled with artifacts throughout the entire duration - giant blocks of solid colour, video tearing, and very audible sound glitches. If they were just minor annoyances I wouldn't care all that much, but they completely ruin the video.

I exported from Premiere Pro as H264 with a variable bitrate of 8-15mbps, and an audio bitrate of 128kbps. There is no interlacing applied, and no post-effects on the clips. Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Brendan[DOUBLEPOST=1355892235,1355855601][/DOUBLEPOST]edit: I've tried rendering the video with a CBR at 10mbps; as mpeg, avi, and mp4.
I've tried using Chrome and Firefox to upload the file.
I've tried rendering the video at 480 and uploading that.
The video is always glitched and degraded to a horrible degree, making the video unwatchable.

The cleanest video so far has been an MPEG rendered with a 2 pass VBR of 8-15mbps; this is a custom profile that I've used in videos that I've uploaded to Youtube before, and I have never had a problem.

Again, any ideas on why this might be happening would be greatly appreciated.

second edit: Uploaded the exact same video file to Vimeo and it works perfectly, so this is some kind of error in Youtubes compression/conversion.

Actually could be bad RAM. Encoders rely heavily on RAM so if you have a bad stick that would be a problem. Not sure if that's your problem, but you could try encoding the same video with the same settings on another computer.

The video encodes fine, though. The video looks perfect when played on my computer, and like I mentioned in my edit: the exact same file uploaded to Vimeo looks exactly the way it should.

It's some kind of issue with Youtube's conversion process. It doesn't like the settings I'm using or something.

Excuse me?

I'm asking for help with compression/conversion issues. What exactly did I say that warranted such a snarky reply? Or are you just rude to everybody for no reason?

Excuse me?

I'm asking for help with compression/conversion issues. What exactly did I say that warranted such a snarky reply? Or are you just rude to everybody for no reason?
Check with Export presets like youtube compatible like that make sure the size of the video is less but maintain the good quality of video.

Your video has been possessed by a demon.

Lol. :D This happens to me too sometimes! I usually re-render the whole thing (I hope you don't render before saving the file, right?) and upload again. It usually helps. :)

Almost certain its a rendering issue - does the file look fine when you play back in your editor??
Also, check the file after its rendered and before uploading. If the artifacting is there in the exported file, then its most probably export settings somewhere along the line.....either that or YouTube doesnt like the exported file format and its compression is screwing the quality up.

Back