Search Engine Optimization

i actually disagree with the tags thing. Use specific longtail tags (meaning multiple words). There is no need to have extra tags, because it does reduce the importance of the other tags. I removed some tags from my videos that just had my channel name and such, and it increased in rank.[DOUBLEPOST=1374215641,1374214762][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, as an addition. I left out one of the most important parts. Backlinks. This is every time another website points to your video via link. If you can get a link to your video on the homepage a major site, you will rank at the top of searches regardless of everything else. Acquiring high ranked links is not a necessity, but it is very helpful. Just thought I would add that in.

How does it reduce the importance of other tags? There's probably a negative effect when having like 40 tags in your video, but (for example) I don't see how "one direction best song ever lyrics" and "one, direction, best, song, ever, lyrics" couldn't both be included.

About the backlinks - I can see how they influence video ranking, but couldn't you just buy them in bulk on fiverr? Aside from the high traffic that would come from being posted on a big website, isn't a link a link, as far as the algorithm is concerned?

How does it reduce the importance of other tags? There's probably a negative effect when having like 40 tags in your video, but (for example) I don't see how "one direction best song ever lyrics" and "one, direction, best, song, ever, lyrics" couldn't both be included.

About the backlinks - I can see how they influence video ranking, but couldn't you just buy them in bulk on fiverr? Aside from the high traffic that would come from being posted on a big website, isn't a link a link, as far as the algorithm is concerned?
As for the tags, you may be correct. There is no way to know. I do believe that your example is correct. Just don't put tags like "funny" or "gaming". They are not specific and will hurt your SEO. As for the backlinks, no every site has a different level of importance. This is due to their "domain authority", "page authority", "site age", and what the link says. (It is more valuable to have a link saying "Minecraft" and when you click that word it comes to your Minecraft video than a link that just shows your url). A great way to view how good a site is for backlinks is MozRank. It tells you everything you need and more. Buying backlinks on Fiverr will not give you a significant increase in SEO, but it may help a bit. Backlinks are not nearly as important on YouTube as just a website ranking for Google. :)

YouTube recommends including common and specific tags, and common would be "funny, gaming", etc.. although I agree with you that it's kind of pointless. New/small channels aren't going to rank high for those populated terms, so I don't understand why they give that advice.

YouTube recommends including common and specific tags, and common would be "funny, gaming", etc.. although I agree with you that it's kind of pointless. New/small channels aren't going to rank high for those populated terms, so I don't understand why they give that advice.
YouTube recommends what makes their searches accurate, not what gets you to the top.

Back