Samsung Galaxy (Smart) Camera

TisKael

Has anybody used it for youtube videos?

I want a quality camera for youtube videos but I don't really want to invest more than $450 on a camera just yet, so that rules out any decent DSLR (with a proper lens included). If you budget is any lower than a T3i/600D everyone just recommends a Zi8, Bloggie or Flip which aren't worth switching from my HTC OneS which actually shoots better video than half of those...

So I was looking at the Galaxy Camera, since I've found it for $350. As far as I can see, it's really easy to learn, it runs the Android OS (which I LOVE), and has pretty good picture previews. What I was wondering is, have any of you used it for youtube videos? I want to use it for youtube videos in my well-lit room where it will be on a stable tripod and I will be recording audio through my yeti, so I'm purely interested in how well you think the visual alone will turn out in those conditions.

Anyone want to tell me what they think about it? Any other similar priced camera that you would recommend?

Thanks!

I don't know your financial situation, but if I were you, I'd save up for DSLR if I were going to invest $350 (might as well since half way there :giggle: this way you don't have to spend $350+$DSLR. You will just spend $DSLR).

I went to a Samsung promotion studio and was amazed to see the Galaxy Camera. Talking about love at first sigh haha. Anyways, Are you going to be using it to record other people/environment or yourself? Because, if you are recording yourself, then I usually prefer something that has a flip screen that can be rotated to the front so I can make sure I am in focus.

I would start off with an camcorder. The one problem with camcorder (and I think DSLR too? Not sure, never owned one) is the format of the video files so you might need to convert them before you can edit in some software. Some camcorders are around $100 and will be a good start.

Back