Remaking then Re-uploading Videos

CramBoom

Classy Science
I've made some videos in the past, that I don't think are as good as they can be. I am thinking of privating them, and uploading a modified version. I don't really mind the loss of views and extra effort, but do you guys think it is a good idea? Will it just annoy my subscribers? It has been really nagging me as of late, that some of my content is sub par. Thanks!

I did that with my GTA V Review. Fortunately I didn't release the first version though. I don't think your subs will be annoyed if you're giving them better versions of the videos.

I actually did that with my first 7 episodes since they were filmed with an older messed-up camera, and my newer camera really made them hard to go back to. I just hate how you can't organize the videos the way you want them to, the updated ones always go to the top, so my eps were out of order. I eventually made the second channel to put them all in order.

I love creating new edited videos of my videos that don't have many views and i mix them up and keep the originals

I don't really know what the point is unless they're unwatchable. I think it's good to have the progress of your channel show by leaving them in.

I don't really know what the point is unless they're unwatchable. I think it's good to have the progress of your channel show by leaving them in.

I agree with @EleniVTV. I find it fun to watch old videos of my favorite YouTubers to see how they've improved. Almost everyone starts out with low-quality videos, so I really don't see any reason to be embarrassed by old videos! If you think redoing them would be fun, then go for it, but otherwise, I don't see any reason to. Move forward with your new ideas and let your audience enjoy your old stuff. :)

Well, I've seen one of my favorite YouTubers remake many of her old videos, but she still keeps the old ones up also. In the title, she makes it clear that it's remake, and often, the newer versions get more views/likes than the originals. Plus, it could bring traffic to the originals, if people were curious about the difference between the two.

Back