Related Channels - Anyway to change?

KGATV

YASSS
This may be because my gaming channel is new, but is there a way to somehow change YouTubes algorithm of 'related channels' ? I've noticed on some channels it shows channels that are actually related to that channel, but please tell me how any of these related channels are relevant to a gaming channel? Besides Machinima..
2hptva1.jpg

I remember there being "channel tags" with the old layout, but I can't seem to find anywhere to add these with the OneChannel layout. It would just be nice if the related channels could at least be somewhat related -.-

(Sorry if there has already been a post like this, I couldn't find one)

I know that's what they are doing, and if they were to do that they should replace the word related into popular. -.-

Those channels are EVERYWHERE. When you first join YT, you get a popup banner saying "SUBSCRIBE TO THESE POPULAR CHANNELS!" Then all the related videos have at least one them in there. Now they're on the related channels lol. Youtube should at least let accounts with 20k-100k appear there.

My channel is about Black womens hair and natural health. There is not 1 Black person on my related channels. I don't know how any of these people have anything to do with Natural hair journeys or natural health. This thing is a joke. What baffles me is that a woman that I'm subbed to has actual related channels on the side of her channel. I'd love to know how she got that, especially since she doesn't even do hair videos anymore. I wish I could show a screenshot but I'm at work with no camera except the one watching me as I type (stalkers!).

Back