Racking Views on the Regular?

I've been making videos for over a year now and still I get very few views on my videos. It could be about three days and I still will only have 2 views from my last video. My goal was to get enough to get noticed and invited to E3 this June or I'll quit, but through this hard work I still have seen 0 growth. I've been using social media, posting on video game sites and such, but it's done nothing.

I was thinking a collaboration would garner more views, but I haven't been able to find anyone who wants to collab. I've posted on here and sent out dozens of emails to other YouTubers and people with a social media platform, but mostly no response. I did get one, but she just sort went ghost on me.

How can I reach my goal in time?

My goal was to get enough to get noticed and invited to E3 this June or I'll quit,
May I firstly ask why you set such a ultimatum for yourself? Youtube isn't a means to an end. You should be doing Youtube because you like making content, not because you want to get famous.

Still, only 30 subs after a year is pretty harsh. You are in a very saturated field, gaming on Youtube is incredibly flooded. First thing I notice is a lack of consistency. None of your thumbnails follow a consistent lay out, nothing tells viewers that this video is yours. Secondly, you are posting regularly, so it might be lack of SEO. Tubebuddy (an extension for Google Chrome) can help you determine what kind of tags you need to put in. If you only put in highly competitive or saturated tags (such as 'gaming'), you won't rank well at all and people will not find your videos.

Oh, and also don't put 'Shawn the Wonder' in the front part of your title. People often only get to see the first part, so the first sentence needs to a. tell them what the video is about and b. draw them in to actually watch it. If you still want 'Shawn the Wonder' in the title, put it at the end ;) I just saw you have been doing this in your later videos, but maybe go back to your older ones and adjust those as well.

Would you watch your own channel/videos? Would you say your own content is better than all the others?

Would you watch your own channel/videos? Would you say your own content is better than all the others?
Good question, that's exactly the right perspective, the angle that matters. You need to give the people a good reason to watch your stuff, the same way you yourself are attracted to only a very select number of channels.

Good question, that's exactly the right perspective, the angle that matters

I asked my self the same question.

As I have recently revamped a dead channel with a change of direction / remodel (Thanks to @Dutchie Abroad for the new banner/icon).
I watched hundreds of videos from the top channels for inspiration of how to be as good or even better than them.
Rather than just spitting out junk, I took my time to gather lots of information. I bought all the right kit (In excess of $1000) and started out from the first video creating high quality videos competing with the best.
OK my view numbers are not straight away at the top but I am growing a fanbase very quickly and the response has been great.

Now I even watch my own videos..

I asked my self the same question.

As I have recently revamped a dead channel with a change of direction / remodel (Thanks to @Dutchie Abroad for the new banner/icon).
I watched hundreds of videos from the top channels for inspiration of how to be as good or even better than them.
Rather than just spitting out junk, I took my time to gather lots of information. I bought all the right kit (In excess of $1000) and started out from the first video creating high quality videos competing with the best.
OK my view numbers are not straight away at the top but I am growing a fanbase very quickly and the response has been great.

Now I even watch my own videos..

Such good advice!! I always keep that in the back of my mind when editing. If you aren't doing YouTube to have fun and if making videos isn't fun you will never reach your goals.

May I firstly ask why you set such a ultimatum for yourself? Youtube isn't a means to an end. You should be doing Youtube because you like making content, not because you want to get famous.

Still, only 30 subs after a year is pretty harsh. You are in a very saturated field, gaming on Youtube is incredibly flooded. First thing I notice is a lack of consistency. None of your thumbnails follow a consistent lay out, nothing tells viewers that this video is yours. Secondly, you are posting regularly, so it might be lack of SEO. Tubebuddy (an extension for Google Chrome) can help you determine what kind of tags you need to put in. If you only put in highly competitive or saturated tags (such as 'gaming'), you won't rank well at all and people will not find your videos.

Oh, and also don't put 'Shawn the Wonder' in the front part of your title. People often only get to see the first part, so the first sentence needs to a. tell them what the video is about and b. draw them in to actually watch it. If you still want 'Shawn the Wonder' in the title, put it at the end ;) I just saw you have been doing this in your later videos, but maybe go back to your older ones and adjust those as well.
I thought I've been doing that. YouTube must be changing it. Edit: I checked. All of my titles do have Shawn The Wonder at the end. I'm no0t sure what's going on on your end, but I set that ultimatum because I've been wanting to go to E3 since I was 16 and the past few years I had been relying on the media I wrote for to get me there, but they never picked me so I said I'll do it myself and YouTube was one of my avenues to it and I also started my channel because I was unemployed and I needed to do something for money since no one was hiring me.

I've been using TubeBuddy too. I got the idea from some random YouTuber. I do put gaming in my tags along with other stuff relating to the title like my last one I put black excellence, but is that tag still too common?[DOUBLEPOST=1550113692,1550113168][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sometimes. I don't like the quality on videos that show my face. I have the logitech pro webcam and after looking at a bunch of videos trying to see how I can make it look good, it still won't no matter what I change the settings to. I really want to buy a new camera, but back then I was unemployed and even now I can barely afford food and public transportation, but recently I've just been recording my voice over images instead.

Last edited:
Back