Question about analytics

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
So I am not really understanding something with the analytics. The views on my videos has gone down it seems. I have a video that has around 750 views, but within the past few days when I look at the analytics it is around 450. Does anyone know why this is? At one point the analytics said it was at 700, but then drastically decreased.

Are you talking about the amount of views in 48 hours? As it normally starts going down after 2 days unless you get consistent views if that's what you mean. Also YouTube does delete views that aren't legit

Check what time-frame you're looking at. Real-time analytics track the last 60 minutes and 48 hours. Overall analytics track the last running 28-days, but you can change to a different time frame.

Are you talking about the amount of views in 48 hours? As it normally starts going down after 2 days unless you get consistent views if that's what you mean. Also YouTube does delete views that aren't legit
No the video has been up for maybe a month now, but just recently the views went down to 450 in the analytics. However, if you watch the video it still says 750 so I don't understand... it's done this to a few videos

Check what time-frame you're looking at. Real-time analytics track the last 60 minutes and 48 hours. Overall analytics track the last running 28-days, but you can change to a different time frame.
Oh thank you! I didn't have it in the lifetime time frame and was just looking at the last 28 days. Problem solved :)

28 is the standard time-frame. The best sign of channel growth. You should see views declining until you post a new video, at which time you should see a spike and another decline. That's assuming your channel is growing, which it will! Lol.

During the first couple of days it sorts through videos and deletes those that might not be legit. Don't worry it should come back soon if it was a legitimate video, and analytics takes 2-3 days to update corresponding to your views.

Back