Pushing Past just being a Gaming Channel...

Webgamingcentral

Hello fellow youtubers, this post is partially a question for those who may know the answer and information for others.

As a two year gaming channel just passing 10k subs and 2 million views. I understand that creating a successful youtube channel requires a lot of hard work dedication and commitment. What I have come to notice most is that you have to love what you do and enjoy every second of it. I feel that is the number one thing that has brought me this minor success over the course of a few months.

As a gaming channel, I love commentating and just having fun with my subscribers. I am not content to just play games only though, I want to build this into a larger business. I create apps, and hopefully games myself soon. For my channel I want to become more like the IGN's and GameSpot's of the world (I know there are so many more). So here comes my question...

As viewers and youtube channel owners, do you think:

1. This is a viable goal?

2. Gaming channels can become that big? (think Tetraninja, TheMediaCows, etc...)

3. Looking at my channel branding and work, is it something you feel I can realistically achieve?

I am asking this because I am very passionate about it and most of my family and friends are not into gaming, so I am relying on my new youtube/yttalk friends to help me =P

Thanks in advance everyone!

1) Yes, if you can give it 110% anything is viable. IGN and such had to start somewhere :)

2) Gaming channels have become a massive part of YouTube and can easily become big, some of the largest channels on YouTube at like 7m subs are gaming

3) Yes, your channel is doing really well. Its branding is professional and could easily grow much larger. The only thing I'd say is to become more like IGN and GameSpot, your going to have move into reviews and gaming news. As your currently more of a Lp'er and thats not what I think of when I imagine IGN, I immediately think review and up to date news. Unless you have lots of time aswell, you may have to cut down on your game play-throughs to focus more on this large undertaking, which may not be something you or your subs may want to do :D

Take that last point with a pinch of salt, its hard for me to explain what I mean. You can gladly do it all and still do just aswell, I just think if you were to head for that area, it would be less walkthroughs and more reviews and things like that :)

Hello fellow youtubers, this post is partially a question for those who may know the answer and information for others.

As a two year gaming channel just passing 10k subs and 2 million views. I understand that creating a successful youtube channel requires a lot of hard work dedication and commitment. What I have come to notice most is that you have to love what you do and enjoy every second of it. I feel that is the number one thing that has brought me this minor success over the course of a few months.

As a gaming channel, I love commentating and just having fun with my subscribers. I am not content to just play games only though, I want to build this into a larger business. I create apps, and hopefully games myself soon. For my channel I want to become more like the IGN's and GameSpot's of the world (I know there are so many more). So here comes my question...

As viewers and youtube channel owners, do you think:

1. This is a viable goal?

2. Gaming channels can become that big? (think Tetraninja, TheMediaCows, etc...)

3. Looking at my channel branding and work, is it something you feel I can realistically achieve?

I am asking this because I am very passionate about it and most of my family and friends are not into gaming, so I am relying on my new youtube/yttalk friends to help me =P

Thanks in advance everyone!

1. Only problem I can see is maybe your audience might not like your new content :p

2. I don`t get this?

3. Sure, if you push hard enough

Thanks for your help and insight all!

1. Only problem I can see is maybe your audience might not like your new content :p

2. I don`t get this?

3. Sure, if you push hard enough

For question 2 , I should have elaborated a bit more. What I am asking is for channels like those (which I look up to), given their size, would you feel I am on my way toward such a lofty goal? (I guess in some ways I am asking for advice)

Back