Promotion after upload: getting more views from outside of YouTube.

So, you've uploaded your video. If you did well, you have good tags, title, and description as well as high audience retention. But maybe you aren't getting the views you should be, maybe you aren't ranking very well for your targeted searches. If this sounds like you, I do have some tips.

1. Blog posts. You can use blog search engines (Google has a dedicated blog search) that only searches for blog articles. For search terms, just use some of the keywords for your video. For me, it would be something like 'iPhone 5 apps'.

But wait, there's more. You can do more with blogging. Make your own. Heck, you can even make multiple blogs, one on Tumblr, one on Wordpress, etc. Make a UNIQUE blog post for each of those blogs you made and included a link to your video. That being said, NEVER copy and paste your article to each of these services, it could even hurt your video. Make a unique article for each, it doesn't have to be long (and it builds character).

2. Social bookmarking sites. There are tons of social bookmarking sites, find a few, submit to them, get views.

Some examples: StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, Diigo, Delicious, Pheed, Plurk, Friend Feed, and more.

3. Forums. Find some forums in your niche. And no, YTtalk is not in your niche (unless you make videos about making videos. But you can still use YTtalk to learn and promote when allowed). Actually participate. One good rule: provide more value to the forum than the forum provides to you. And please know the rules. Some forums will not allow ANY self-promotion, others allow varying levels.

I hope this helped someone out there. But now it's your turn, let's make this thread even better. How do you promote your videos after you upload? Do you use any specific sites/services? What has worked best for you?
Great thread. Should be stickied for future reference. Thanks for sharing!

What kind of response do you get with Pinterest? I've never set foot on the site, but from what I've heard/seen Pinterest is female dominated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
There are men there too xD

My response depends on what I post. My Pinterest is more like a personal one than for my YouTube. I post whatever I like there, and usually get a few likes and repins. I post my YouTube videos there as well, but they usually don't get much attention. I think it's because I don't have many followers. Posting things that relate to your niche would probably be best. I'm kind of all over the place, but I'm trying to narrow it down.

There are men there too xD

My response depends on what I post. My Pinterest is more like a personal one than for my YouTube. I post whatever I like there, and usually get a few likes and repins. I post my YouTube videos there as well, but they usually don't get much attention. I think it's because I don't have many followers. Posting things that relate to your niche would probably be best. I'm kind of all over the place, but I'm trying to narrow it down.

Haha, good to know. Hmmm, I might have to look into it, sounds interesting. Right now I'm using Twitter mainly, with a little Google+ on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back