Promoting your Video (Advice)

adamhackerhart

I've Got It
Hey guys, I've been following the Forum for a while now and I've seen a lot of Great channels

I know I haven't got the merit of a million subscribers to tell you how to promote but I'm currently in the middle of a Marketing with Advertising Degree in University alongside over 6 years of dealing with online promotion so here goes.

Expand your Reach
Meaning not to limit your reach to your audience, If you have a Facebook account then Share your video, or if you have Twitter post on there as well. Tumblr, Instagram are also good ways to promote your videos.

Be Active on YouTube
Keep your current Subscribers updated on what your doing, make sure that you are keeping your channel in there news feed, even if your just liking and commenting on peoples videos its always good to keep in the eye sight of your current subscribers, also by commenting on other peoples videos, non-subscribers may like your comment and check out your channel, thus having a potential new subscriber.

Start a Blog
YouTube isn't the only channel you have to get your voice heard, Sites like Wordpress and Tumblr are a great way to attract potential subscribers, For example, Tumblr has a vast audience and you can integrate your videos along side your posts in your blog, bringing in views outside of YouTube

Always room for Improvement
This could apply to the way you promote, to the way you film or edit your videos, just remember that there is always room for improvement, there is always a better way to do things and when you have this mindset you are always bettering yourself, so keep an eye out if there is anyway to improve your operation and what works for you.

I hope this short advice thread helps you
Thanks guys
Adam

Nice advice :)
Some extra advice-
don't spam links, no-one likes that person :) other than that you pretty much covered it

I don't want to sound like a downer. But you don't need a marketing degree to figure that out.

yeah I know lol, I'm just saying - I know what I wrote it pretty much common net sense, In my marketing degree they explain the numbers, statistics.
Really what I'm doing in this thread is just simplifying what I know from general experience so far.

Back