Personal Branding Vs Generic Branding - Dilemma

Eddwel

I've Got It
Hi Friends, ( I love this community and all the support :up: )

Off late there is a trend to move from Generic Branding to Personal Branding eg. Say if I am into teaching Indian Cooking, instead of IndianCurryMaster or IndianChef as the Channel Name or domain name or branding, I should go for ChefEdward or something similar to that...

Because in future anyone with a better audience retention on Yt, or backlinks, or right tags etc etc... will replace you from the Search engine and YT result pages pretty fast for all Generic Names eg. IndianChef will be lost in the crowd of Indianchefmaster, ChefIndia etc etc... but ChefEdward will be unique to mine... and IF I find a Niche in teaching or in vid quality or any other things... people will still remember me and search for me...

There is a whole lot of Exodus going on from the Generic branding to the Personal branding today, (that's what I read, I am no expert, and I am a bit convinced too :( )

Infact this has happened to me in the past too, one of my site with a great great generic Name in a good Niche market pretty soon lost to similar generic names with funny prefixes and suffixes...

At present I am in a Dilemma, and that's the reason I have not even launched my site... the domain names are already booked 2 months prior... One is based on my name, and the another one is an amazing generic name....

Whats your take, should I go for the generic or the Personal branding... I am in to the 'How to' market for Niche languages, non English :)

thanks in advance for your help

Back