Payment Question

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
I just have a couple of questions for you guys, I am nowhere near yet receiving my first payment from youtube, but I was wondering when I do get paid will I get paid in dollars? (I live in the UK) and also how do taxes work if you end up earning loads. I'm not expecting too earn loads from youtube, but I'm sure I will eventually start getting taxed if I get up to the threshold from work and youtube combined

(I currently don't pay taxes as I haven't yet earnt enough to be taxed, and when i do my work would sort it for me) so I have absolutely no idea how it works!
I'm so sorry if these seem like stupid questions!

I think the only thing is having to be 18, im not sure if you can do it any younger with parents permissions, I think being partnered is also vital :) I think from then it's just monetising your videos with ads in the settings and youre good to go

You get paid in pounds into your bank account once you make £60. Not sure about tax I haven't earned enough for it to be an issue.

I think the only thing is having to be 18, im not sure if you can do it any younger with parents permissions, I think being partnered is also vital :) I think from then it's just monetising your videos with ads in the settings and youre good to go

haha thankyou but I am over 18 I'm actually 22! and i am partnered with youtube thats it.[DOUBLEPOST=1436741566,1436741526][/DOUBLEPOST]
You get paid in pounds into your bank account once you make £60. Not sure about tax I haven't earned enough for it to be an issue.
Ah thankyou I thought it was £100! :) If anyone knows about tax please let me know thanks!

$100 is the threshold amount for US, £60 for UK and not sure about Euros. I looked up your channel you got nearly 150k views you must be close to getting paid? Or you got a lot of unmonetized videos?

$100 is the threshold amount for US, £60 for UK and not sure about Euros. I looked up your channel you got nearly 150k views you must be close to getting paid? Or you got a lot of unmonetized videos?
Yeah the 150k views one is unmonetised, due to the fact I entered it into a competition and the people who ran the competition own it so they get the money basically, which really sucks especially as its the only really popular video I have managed to do and I ended up having to enter a different one due to length so it never even went into the competition, however I don't really want to file a dispute as I don't know how to go about it and could end up accidentally getting my adsense shut down or something so I just have to leave it :(, I have only earnt just over 2 pounds so far and thats for everything I have done not on just one video sadly haha
Ah okay thankyou!

Back