"...now why on God's green Earth did I do that?..."

Johnny Nongamer

Hey guys.

I spent some time recording a topic that I thought would have been interesting (unboxing and yacking about a used XBox 360 that I bought for $80)

...until I realized that no one would be really interested in watching it.

Ever had that happen to you?

You're excited about an idea for a YouTube video, record your footage, then sit down and even before you open up your editor, make a sound judgement that it was all a bad idea.

Well...that just happened to me.

Why do you think that no one would be interested in watching? Upload the video and see how many views it gets. You have nothing to lose, and maybe something to gain.

The idea that I had was I was going to be using it as a communication device between members of my own family (all men) who don't necessarily use letters, emails and phone calls to communicate.

And then I thought..."That's actually a weak premise for a video. Stick with the stuff that you're working on"

So I watched this video about Markiplier, I don't watch him but he was featured in a video, and he said that he uploaded a 2 minute video called MEOW in which he cropped his lips over pictures of cats and simply said "meow." Just a simple 2 minute video that Markiplier thought was stupid and figured no one would watch....well it's now one of his most viewed videos with over 30 million views. The internet works in mysterious ways, my friend

Back