Nintendo Policy vs Pokemon

ReZone

Me and my friends are starting a youtube channel and are creating a couple weeks worth of content before we actually go live ( Its hard for us to meet up more than once a week). Anyway one of my friends and myself really love messing around with the main series pokemon games, doing nuzlockes and random stuff. How could uploading a Nuzlocke series effect my channel? What would nintendo do in response? Also can the take the same actions on the pokemon hack games/pokemon showdwn since they are made by fans?

I would appreciate any insight someone can share about this topic, I would hate to get flagged with a few months of my first upload :<

They actually don't have pokemon on their list in the partnership lol and I have a few series without copyright or claims so I think you will be fine :) Everyone still uploads pokemon.

But I mean if Pokemon isn't on there list isn't that even worse? I don't think your suppose to upload anything that isn't on the list

Ive heard people say it's because Pokemon is owned by Game Freak or some other company which is not Nintendo, therefore they don't have the direct right to claim videos. I may be wrong however.

I believe game freak is the developer but Nintendo is the publisher

True but in the list of "Nintendo Games" appears games developed by Nintendo. Example Zelda and Mario are developed by nintendo and published by nintendo, same with some others that the companies are part of nintendo. Gamefreak is a company that yes does second party games for nintendo but are a separated company :)

Kind of like how Microsoft doesn't have any say in copyright over xbox games, the people who make the games do.

I believe Game Freak/Creatures Inc are owned by Nintendo, being why its exclusive, but they're still a separate entity.

Kind of like how Microsoft doesn't have any say in copyright over xbox games, the people who make the games do.

I believe Game Freak/Creatures Inc are owned by Nintendo, being why its exclusive, but they're still a separate entity.

If Nintendo publishes the game, chance are they have the exclusive distribution and IP rights for at least a period of time, if not indefinitely.

Back