Need Help Choosing a Camera

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
I've been doing YouTube for a month and I've realized that it would be a whole a lot easier if I had a camera with a flip out screen. So I need help on what camera to buy. I will mostly be filming stuff and them doing a voice over of my poetry or whatever else I have to say, and sometimes I will do videos of me talking to a camera. My channel is small and if my channel gets bigger I will upgrade later so I don't need the worlds best camera or anything. I've taken video classes and filmed with XF100 and other stuff but I don't have the money for that.

Requirements:
1. Has to have a flip out screen. This is a must this is the main reason I am getting a new camera.
2. Has to cost $250 or less. This can be new or refurbished just as long as I can get it for under $250 somewhere.
3. Has to shoot in 1080p hd video.

Let me know if you have any ideas that meet the requirements.

If you are wondering the current camera I'm using is the Panasonic Lumix zs25. And I'm thinking of getting the sony nex f3.

I have the Canon VIXIA hf M500 which is a step higher from the R100. I got mine for $250 but the manufacturer doesn't make them anymore. You could get a used one for cheap though from ebay. They shoot 1080p and up to 60 fps! Awesome Camcorder for an aspiring youtuber.

I have the Canon VIXIA hf M500 which is a step higher from the R100. I got mine for $250 but the manufacturer doesn't make them anymore. You could get a used one for cheap though from ebay. They shoot 1080p and up to 60 fps! Awesome Camcorder for an aspiring youtuber.
This is also the camcorder I use, and I love it. :smilingcute: Just don't get it on Amazon; it's grossly overpriced there now as it's no longer in production. (Last I checked it was around $600 there). It is a 2012 camera (as far as I know), so you should hopefully be able to find it for a reasonable price elsewhere.

The only downside to the thing is that it really only has autofocus, which can be a pain if you try more complex shots.

Im not sure of a camera to suggest for you but keep in mind that not all flip out screens swivel too where you can make it face yourself.

Back