My thumbnail isn't updating

TheCuttingRoomFloor

On Wednesday I uploaded a video to one of my channels and along with the video I uploaded a custom thumbnail, I know that thumbnails don't change immediately but it's been two days now and it hasn't changed, Earlier today I deleted the custom thumbnail and chose one of the standard thumbs before uploading my custom thumb again, but I'm yet again being confronted by this black screen with no updating thumbnail, does anyone know what's happening?

2gn6lSC.png

This happens to me allot, it's usually caused by your browser reading off of your temp folder which contains your old Thumbnail and thus that's what's being displayed to you but in most cases not others.

Try loading it up in InPrivate or Incognito and seeing if it's updated on that (Since they don't load off temp), if it is, try pressing F5 on your Channel. :)

This happens to me allot, it's usually caused by your browser reading off of your temp folder which contains your old Thumbnail and thus that's what's being displayed to you but in most cases not others.

Try loading it up in InPrivate or Incognito and seeing if it's updated on that (Since they don't load off temp), if it is, try pressing F5 on your Channel. :)

Ah thank you, I went into incognito mode and it appeared straight away, I'll be sure to run CCleaner as well.

I have this problem a lot too, I'll be sure to try out your fix next time I have that problem too. I did also notice that if you upload the thumbnail image before the video finishes uploading, the thumbnail will always show up properly.

This is one of the reasons I try to make sure I get the thumbnail the way I want it the first time. I just need a longer day, I think.

I have this problem a lot too, I'll be sure to try out your fix next time I have that problem too. I did also notice that if you upload the thumbnail image before the video finishes uploading, the thumbnail will always show up properly.
Yep, changing it during the upload is what I do these days, too. Although I believe that it's mainly a browser caching thing. But I also had the problem that shared videos on Facebook often showed this nasty red sad face instead of the thumbnail and changing it during upload also seems to work better in that case.

Back