Music and Partnership.

Danefrak

Loving YTtalk
What is going to happen to my intro (in sig) when my contract ends. RPM payed audiomicro to let me use this music but when my contract ends what will happen? Will I need to stop using the intro? Will I need to take all uses of the intro down? Please help before I get in too deep.
Thanks

Email audiomicro and ask them. When we were talking to networks about partnership, I asked about music rights if we left at the end of the contract. Maker (RPM is a sub-network of Maker) told me that there would be no issue, but Fullscreen said there would be a problem and I'd have to get rid of the any music from their library. Both companies use audiomicro, so I'm not sure what the answer is.

Email audiomicro and ask them. When we were talking to networks about partnership, I asked about music rights if we left at the end of the contract. Maker (RPM is a sub-network of Maker) told me that there would be no issue, but Fullscreen said there would be a problem and I'd have to get rid of the any music from their library. Both companies use audiomicro, so I'm not sure what the answer is.
Alright thanks

What is going to happen to my intro (in sig) when my contract ends. RPM payed audiomicro to let me use this music but when my contract ends what will happen? Will I need to stop using the intro? Will I need to take all uses of the intro down? Please help before I get in too deep.
Thanks
Inquire with audiomicro and the network.

Reason is... audiomicro might give you the go ahead regardless of their agreement with the network. (which you should then keep on file) Or they could provide you with info on how to extend the license yourself, if needed, after leaving the network.

How these network deals work is the network licenses (pays for) music rights for use on YouTube for their partners. The agreements are going to vary widely between networks and could even change in-network sometimes... which is why no-one but the network can really give you an answer. (or audiomicro, but they may be bound from discussing certain terms anyway)

Keep everything on file and follow-up with a different person if you feel unsure about an answer you get.

Hope that helps! :)

Inquire with audiomicro and the network.

Reason is... audiomicro might give you the go ahead regardless of their agreement with the network. (which you should then keep on file) Or they could provide you with info on how to extend the license yourself, if needed, after leaving the network.

How these network deals work is the network licenses (pays for) music rights for use on YouTube for their partners. The agreements are going to vary widely between networks and could even change in-network sometimes... which is why no-one but the network can really give you an answer. (or audiomicro, but they may be bound from discussing certain terms anyway)

Keep everything on file and follow-up with a different person if you feel unsure about an answer you get.

Hope that helps! :)
Thanks man. Probably gonna partner with you guys after my RPM contract ends,

Back