Minecraft Video Idea: Art Gallery

Good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Invoking

Usually I'm the last person to want to record anything Minecraft. It's been done to death. But recently I had this idea that I'm not sure I've seen actually done in Minecraft, surprisingly enough.

The idea is an "Art" server where people, both super talented megastructure builders and those who just want to build a simple sculpture/building/whatever for the video are welcome. I'd create a superflat world on peaceful mode with no mob spawns or structures so that the entire map can be sectioned off for allocation depending on how large or small your piece will be. There would have to be limits, of course, like, no more than a certain area, say, 350 X 350 (rough guess, not accurate, that's pretty small i think).

The basic super watered down idea is that I want a bunch of people to come into my world, build something really cool or really basic, post a sign with your name on it, and I will do all kinds of pretty, sweeping angles of it and create an interesting "Minecraft Art Gallery" of sorts.

If one world fills up, I can just make another. Only problem I'd have is having to be on in order to let everybody build, and having multiple worlds would be a hassle to keep track of. That's why it's just an idea for now.

Oh, I'm only on Xbox One for Minecraft, that's why it'd be a hassle.

Thoughts?

being on the xbox version is going to really limit what you can do with this. This kind of thing can be done really well but can be done better on the pc with the addition of shaders and the use of panning mods that will move your player in smooth motions around a set path for recording and high end texture packs to make everything look awesome. This has been done a fair amount I would say but you would be really limited trying to do this on a console version.

By all means give it a try but I personally wouldn't even consider trying this on anything other than the pc version.

The XBOX version will limit this massively, and this is a bit like speed builds so it's still not a original idea.

Back